Re: Please respond: Portal Usage At Your Corp.? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: Please respond: Portal Usage At Your Corp.? - Websphere ; Our CIO is pretty gungho about it but most of the managers and supervisors are now reluctant and wary of WPS. The problem is they are not doing incremental work but want everything to transition with a bang... (entire intranet ...

  1. Re: Please respond: Portal Usage At Your Corp.?

    Our CIO is pretty gungho about it but most of the managers and supervisors are now reluctant and wary of WPS.

    The problem is they are not doing incremental work but want everything to transition with a bang... (entire intranet portal).

    I will look into your suggestions. Any more experiences?

  2. Re: Please respond: Portal Usage At Your Corp.?

    Your situation is very similar to mine. Our portal project was presented (over my objections) as the magic bullet to solve all our problems. Of course it failed.
    Now we are having some measure of success because the portal is out of the spotlight and treated as infrastructure with one or two "killer apps" deployed through the portal.

+ Reply to Thread