Portal tags within portlets. - Websphere

This is a discussion on Portal tags within portlets. - Websphere ; Hello, I'm trying to use portal tags within my portlets, but I'm getting errors. If I just use the portal tag as specified in the head.jspf file, it does not get compiled (and hence, just stays as the textual value ...

  1. Portal tags within portlets.

    Hello,

    I'm trying to use portal tags within my portlets, but I'm getting errors.

    If I just use the portal tag as specified in the head.jspf file, it does not get compiled (and hence, just stays as the textual value of the tag).

    When I try to include the tag library in my portlet, I get the following error:

    JSPG0047E: Unable to locate tag library for uri http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/websph...0/portal-logic

    This is a direct copy-and-paste from head.jspf, so I'm not sure why this problem is happening.

    Any suggestions?

  2. Re: Portal tags within portlets.

    Ah, right.

    "Do not use portal tags in portlet JSPs.."

    I guess that pretty much does it for that line then.

  3. Re: Portal tags within portlets.

    On Mar 1, 1:09 pm, wrote:
    > Ah, right.
    >
    > "Do not use portal tags in portlet JSPs.."
    >
    > I guess that pretty much does it for that line then.

    No, no, no. Those tags are intened to be used by the overall theme,
    not by individual portlets. You're really confusing the portal server.

    Stick to the JSR168 portlet custom tags, and life will be good to you.

    Cheers!

    Cameron McKenzie

    Author of What is WebSphere? and the SCJA Certification Guides
    Free Mock SCJA Exams: http://www.scja.com
    Free WebSphere Tutorials: http://studyguides.scja.com/j2ee/index.jsp
    Free Portlet Development Tutorials: http://studyguides.scja.com/jsr168/index.jsp

+ Reply to Thread