How to Create Custom Mode in Websphere? - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to Create Custom Mode in Websphere? - Websphere ; How do you create a custom mode (not the optional ones) but any custom modes in websphere? Is there any doc on that? I read the JSR 168 spec but it said this arena was handled by the vendor. And ...

  1. How to Create Custom Mode in Websphere?

    How do you create a custom mode (not the optional ones) but any custom modes in websphere? Is there any doc on that? I read the JSR 168 spec but it said this arena was handled by the vendor. And I don't know what websphere does with these custom modes.

  2. Re: How to Create Custom Mode in Websphere?

    On Mar 1, 10:53 am, Athar Shiraz wrote:
    > How do you create a custom mode (not the optional ones) but any custom modes in websphere? Is there any doc on that? I read the JSR 168 spec but it said this arena was handled by the vendor. And I don't know what websphere does with these custom modes.

    Basically, you override the doDispatch method, and forward to your
    custom mode. Thing is, the portal server has to support your custom
    mode, or you're out of luck. WebSphere only supports the config mode.
    No print or about mode yet with WebSphere Portal out of the box. What
    kind of mode were you looking for?

    Here's a free, multimedia tutorial I put together on creating custom
    portlet modes in WebSphere:

    http://studyguides.scja.com/jsr168/i...ti12custommode

    Have fun!

    Cameron McKenzie

    Author of What is WebSphere? and the SCJA Certification Guides
    Free Mock SCJA Exams: http://www.scja.com
    Free WebSphere Tutorials: http://studyguides.scja.com/j2ee/index.jsp
    Free Portlet Development Tutorials: http://studyguides.scja.com/jsr168/index.jsp

+ Reply to Thread