Remove Minimize/Maximize Window States - Websphere

This is a discussion on Remove Minimize/Maximize Window States - Websphere ; Is there a way (using JSR 168) to remove the minimize and maximize window states from a portlet using the portlet.xml? I am aware that this can be done using a skin but I am looking for a solution that ...

  1. Remove Minimize/Maximize Window States

    Is there a way (using JSR 168) to remove the minimize and maximize window states from a portlet using the portlet.xml?

    I am aware that this can be done using a skin but I am looking for a solution that can be included within the portlet application war.

    Thanks in advance for any assistance,
    Sean

  2. Re: Remove Minimize/Maximize Window States

    On Feb 28, 8:22 pm, wrote:
    > Is there a way (using JSR 168) to remove the minimize and maximize window states from a portlet using the portlet.xml?
    >
    > I am aware that this can be done using a skin but I am looking for a solution that can be included within the portlet application war.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any assistance,
    > Sean

    You're trying to hack the portal pretty good there. Even taking away
    the icons in the skin is pretty sneaky, if you ask me.

    Is the portlet the only one to appear on the page? Perhaps content
    locking on the page?

    Remember, the portal is all about personalization and customization.
    You paid millions for a solution that allows a user to do what they
    want. Does it make sense to take the user's freedom away?

    Cheers!

    Cameron McKenzie

    Author of What is WebSphere? and the SCJA Certification Guides
    Free Mock SCJA Exams: http://www.scja.com
    Free WebSphere Tutorials: http://studyguides.scja.com/j2ee/index.jsp
    Free Portlet Development Tutorials: http://studyguides.scja.com/jsr168/index.jsp

+ Reply to Thread