Websphere Portal session has timed out - Websphere

This is a discussion on Websphere Portal session has timed out - Websphere ; I have installed Websphere Portal 6.0 (WAS 6.0.2.9) on my machine (default installation, no other fixes). All parameters have the default values. The session timeout is 30 mins. The LTPA timeout is 120 mins. I perform a login as wpsadmin ...

  1. Websphere Portal session has timed out

    I have installed Websphere Portal 6.0 (WAS 6.0.2.9) on my machine (default installation, no other fixes).
    All parameters have the default values.
    The session timeout is 30 mins.
    The LTPA timeout is 120 mins.
    I perform a login as wpsadmin and waits for 35 mins without activity on the web browser.
    After this time I refresh the page on the Web Browser and I obtain the following message and I have to do reauthentication:

    "Your portal session has timed out because of no activity"

    If I perform the same test on a different machine with the same timeout values , if I refresh the page I obtain again the protected resource without reauthentication.

    If I correctly understood the meaning of the parameters ... the correct behaviour is the second one (the session expires but the LtpaToken is still valid, so I loose session data but I don't have to perform reauthentication).
    So ... why do I see that expiration page? There are other scenarios for which I could receive that page?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Websphere Portal session has timed out

    Use this page to set the timeout.resume.session to prevent that timeout screen from displaying:

    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg21253578

    Brian

+ Reply to Thread