Unable to find Portal V5.1 Test Environment - Websphere

This is a discussion on Unable to find Portal V5.1 Test Environment - Websphere ; Hello All, Here I am facing one problem with the Portal V5.1 test environment. I installed RAD and then Portal V5.1.0.1 tool kit. I went for Portal test environment and finally it said the portal installation was successful.But to my ...

  1. Unable to find Portal V5.1 Test Environment

    Hello All,

    Here I am facing one problem with the Portal V5.1 test environment. I installed RAD and then Portal V5.1.0.1 tool kit.

    I went for Portal test environment and finally it said the portal installation was successful.But to my surprise when I tried to create a new Portal Test sever , the Wizard did not show me Portal V5.1 test environment. I am getting portal V5.0 test environment as one would get it as a default one with RAD6.0 installation.

    I found the folder c:/Portal51UTE containing somany other folders including PortalServer and AppServer folders.

    Could any one suggest me what might have gone wrong during the installtion and Can I now get the portal V5.1 test environment still or Do I need to uninstall the Portal V5.1 and do it again if so what are all the property files those need to be deleted manually(apart from VPD.properties in Regedit,WININT and temp directories).

    Thanks in advance.

    Gangadhar
    Certified for WebSphere Portal Development

  2. Re: Unable to find Portal V5.1 Test Environment

    Have you updated your RAD 6.0 to include the latest fixes? We came across the same problem and doing the updates fixed it.

    HTH

  3. Re: Unable to find Portal V5.1 Test Environment

    I did not install any fixes. Is the problem got solved for you?

    Could you tell me what are all the updates you have done.

    Gangadhar
    Certified for WebSphere Portal Development

  4. Re: Unable to find Portal V5.1 Test Environment

    I am applying some updates to my RSA so I cannot give you exact
    instructions but I will try:

    Go to Windows -> Preferences

    You will see Installed Runtimes under Java or Server or something like that.

    Select WebSphere Portal 5.1 Stub. Click edit.

    Remove word stub from the name, so now the name is: "WebSphere Portal
    5.1" and show the Portal51UTE appserver and portal directory. Generally
    it is:

    c:\program files\portal51ute\appserver or c:\portal51ute\appserver for
    app server directory
    and
    c:\program files\portal51ute\portalserver or c:\portal51ute\portalserver
    for portal server directory.

    Open View -> Servers

    and then add the server, you should see WPS 5.1 runtime now.

    gangadharallada@aim.com wrote:
    > I did not install any fixes. Is the problem got solved for you?
    >
    > Could you tell me what are all the updates you have done.
    >
    > Gangadhar
    > Certified for WebSphere Portal Development

+ Reply to Thread