Reusability of class in different portlet war files - Websphere

This is a discussion on Reusability of class in different portlet war files - Websphere ; Hi, Please let me know, is it possible to use a same class in multiple portlet applications(multiple wars) without copying the class in multiple portlet applications. Thanks in advance....

  1. Reusability of class in different portlet war files

    Hi,

    Please let me know, is it possible to use a same class in multiple portlet applications(multiple wars) without copying the class in multiple portlet applications.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Reusability of class in different portlet war files

    On Feb 15, 6:27 am, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Please let me know, is it possible to use a same class in multiple portlet applications(multiple wars) without copying the class in multiple portlet applications.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Yes, you need to create a jar file containing the classes you want to
    share across multiple applications. This jar must then be copied in
    /shared/app. It is accessible by all
    the applications

  3. Re: Reusability of class in different portlet war files

    JAR the class and place it in /shared/app/ . Alternatively, you can make the functionality available as a portal service. http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...bsservice.html

+ Reply to Thread