books on wps 6.0 - Websphere

This is a discussion on books on wps 6.0 - Websphere ; I want books on WebSphere Portal 6.0 for certification, any body aware about books from prominent publishing house?...

  1. books on wps 6.0

    I want books on WebSphere Portal 6.0 for certification, any body aware about books from prominent publishing house?

  2. Re: books on wps 6.0

    You won't need a book from a publishing house, if past exams are anything to judge by. Most certification questions are based on the InfoCenter which is available online. Some redbooks may be helpful when you're studying as well.

  3. Re: books on wps 6.0

    > You won't need a book from a publishing house, if
    > past exams are anything to judge by. Most
    > certification questions are based on the InfoCenter
    > which is available online. Some redbooks may be
    > helpful when you're studying as well.

    Even redbooks on WebSphere Portal 6.0 are not yet available!!! If you know any, please give me a link.
    You are correct about InfoCenter but it is not organized like a book, so hard to complete end-to-end. InfoCenter is more a reference.

  4. Re: books on wps 6.0

    Hmm... have you already developed portlets? When I study for certs, I do the practice exam and write down all of the questions. I then track down the "answers" in the InfoCenter - even to the questions that I can answer myself. I then study the entire section in which the answer is covered. The real questions are usually derived from those pages. I've gotten really good scores on the exams by doing this.

    If you're not familiar with Portal, however, I suspect that this method may not work for you. In that case, I'd probably get a redbook on WPS5.1 and learn the basics and then use the InfoCenter for WPS6.0 specifics.

    Good luck.

  5. Re: books on wps 6.0

    Jessica, your approach is very effective... I followed the same approach for Sun certifications.. I have experience in portlet development and interested in development exam.. Can you give me some pointers as to where I can find practice questions.. I tried googling but didnt help.

    Thanking you

  6. Re: books on wps 6.0

    On Feb 15, 8:19 am, wrote:
    > Jessica, your approach is very effective... I followed the same approach for Sun certifications.. I have experience in portlet development and interested in development exam.. Can you give me some pointers as to where I can find practice questions.. I tried googling but didnt help.
    >
    > Thanking you

    Go throught some of my WebSphere Portal tutorials, and mock
    certification exams on my site. They've helped out a number of people
    pass test 399.

    Cheers!

    -Cameron McKenzie

    Author of What is WebSphere? and the SCJA Certification Guides
    Free Mock SCJA Exams: http://www.scja.com
    Free WebSphere Tutorials: http://studyguides.scja.com/j2ee/index.jsp
    Free Portlet Development Tutorials: http://studyguides.scja.com/jsr168/index.jsp

+ Reply to Thread