Fail to add wiring for JSR 168 war on portal 5.1 by xmlaccess. - Websphere

This is a discussion on Fail to add wiring for JSR 168 war on portal 5.1 by xmlaccess. - Websphere ; Hi, I got a problem situation when I tried to write xmlaccess for JSR 168 war to add wiring on portal 5.1. I am using the below script to add the wiring(Portal 5.x only supports tage) But I always failed ...

  1. Fail to add wiring for JSR 168 war on portal 5.1 by xmlaccess.

    Hi,

    I got a problem situation when I tried to write xmlaccess for JSR 168 war to add wiring on portal 5.1.

    I am using the below script to add the wiring(Portal 5.x only supports tage)

    But I always failed to run it with the below error:

    com.ibm.wps.command.xml.XmlCommandException: EJPXA0001E: An error occurred while processing the XML configuration request.
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: BackendObject must not be null!

    I've successfully adding the wiring on portal 6 for JSR 168 war by xmlaccess where I used tag which, however, is not supported on portal 5.1).

    Did anyone run into this, or have any ideas?

    Thanks and Regards,
    Allen

  2. Re: Fail to add wiring for JSR 168 war on portal 5.1 by xmlaccess.

    hi,

    I got the same exception while running the wiring script (with cross-page-wire tags - PortalConfig_1.3.2.xsd) but that was because of incorrect 'target-action', also you may need to apply PK18538 so that you can use cross-page-wire tags in XMLAccess. refer description for this patch

    bye
    Ratheesh.R.Nair

  3. Re: Fail to add wiring for JSR 168 war on portal 5.1 by xmlaccess.

    Yes, this can work. Actually I also found this way, and successfully resolved this problem. It seems we'll have to use the cross-page-wire tag to add the wiring, and wires tag just can not work.

    Anyway, thanks you, Ratheesh.R.Nair.

+ Reply to Thread