Portal 6 (Express) and the Domino Web Application Portlet - Websphere

This is a discussion on Portal 6 (Express) and the Domino Web Application Portlet - Websphere ; Does anyone know why the Domino Web Application Portlet that was available in WSE 2.6 is not available in Portal 6 or Portal Express 6 ? I want to be able to display a Domino web application as a portlet ...

  1. Portal 6 (Express) and the Domino Web Application Portlet

    Does anyone know why the Domino Web Application Portlet that was available in WSE 2.6 is not available in Portal 6 or Portal Express 6 ?

    I want to be able to display a Domino web application as a portlet as it exists as opposed to using the Lotus Notes view and Lotus Document viewer portlets.

    If these will not be available after WSE, what is the best option for this type of use? the Web Clipping portlet?

    TIA

    John D

  2. Re: Portal 6 (Express) and the Domino Web Application Portlet

    hi,
    for any external web application use Web Clipping portlet.

    On Feb 13, 1:40 am, wrote:
    > Does anyone know why the Domino Web Application Portlet that was available in WSE 2.6 is not available in Portal 6 or Portal Express 6 ?
    >
    > I want to be able to display a Domino web application as a portlet as it exists as opposed to using the Lotus Notes view and Lotus Document viewer portlets.
    >
    > If these will not be available after WSE, what is the best option for this type of use? the Web Clipping portlet?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > John D

  3. Re: Portal 6 (Express) and the Domino Web Application Portlet

    It's still available, but as a separate download...
    http://catalog.lotus.com/portal?NavCode=1WP1000O8

    The whole bundle...
    http://catalog.lotus.com/portal?NavCode=1WP1000JH

    But yeah, depending on your set-up (SSO and such), there are other ways to do it.
    But there''s a good chance of buggy behavior if your domino app is a complex one.

    /Jonas V

  4. Re: Portal 6 (Express) and the Domino Web Application Portlet

    Thanks, Jonas...you saved me a lot of time.

    Yes, I've found that any Domino app of any real complexity is not handled well out of the box by this portlet. I'm sure that tweaking the url transformation parameters would help some of the behavior I've seen (relative URLs on the Domino app are re-written by Portal to reference the Portal server), but I've not gotten into that yet. Luckily I was developing the app for Portal and was able to come up with work arounds and ended up with consistent behavior.

+ Reply to Thread