Re: When to use PortletRequest.getAttribute(USER_INFO) and when touse the PUMA service? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: When to use PortletRequest.getAttribute(USER_INFO) and when touse the PUMA service? - Websphere ; I guess if you want to have your portlets portable across portal containers you should use P3P attributes, otherwise I dont see any difference....

  1. Re: When to use PortletRequest.getAttribute(USER_INFO) and when touse the PUMA service?

    I guess if you want to have your portlets portable across portal containers you should use P3P attributes, otherwise I dont see any difference.

  2. Re: When to use PortletRequest.getAttribute(USER_INFO) and when touse the PUMA service?

    Could it be that if you call portletrequest.getAttribute when running on websphere portal it will use the underlying PUMA service? Or is this not "same, same"...
    Rune Hellem http://hellem.org

  3. Re: When to use PortletRequest.getAttribute(USER_INFO) and when touse the PUMA service?

    Could it be that if you call portletrequest.getAttribute when running on websphere portal it will use the underlying PUMA service? Or is this not "same, same"...
    Rune Hellem http://hellem.org

  4. Re: When to use PortletRequest.getAttribute(USER_INFO) and when touse the PUMA service?

    It might be using puma service behind the scenes. But the most important thing is you are using the JSR-168 API, not IBM specific API. Being the case your portlet will be portable across portal servers build by other vendors

+ Reply to Thread