Re: Portal Express 6.0 install fails on db2 Express - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: Portal Express 6.0 install fails on db2 Express - Websphere ; I've just found a solution. The problem was in the password that I selected for the wpsadmin acc. It did not match the machines password policy, hence the db2user could not be created and the installation stopped with the bizzare ...

  1. Re: Portal Express 6.0 install fails on db2 Express

    I've just found a solution.

    The problem was in the password that I selected for the wpsadmin acc. It did not match the machines password policy, hence the db2user could not be created and the installation stopped with the bizzare error.

    Hope this helps.

  2. Re: Portal Express 6.0 install fails on db2 Express

    Thanks Comland. That solved my problem starting the install of db2 express.

    The installation is still not completing successfully and is giving the following error:-

    com.ibm.wps.install.ExternalCommandAction$OutputWa tcher, msg2, StdOut: [exec] + db2 -v "CREATE DB wpsdb USING CODESET UTF-8 TERRITORY us COLLATE USING UCA400_NO PAGESIZE 8192"
    (Feb 13, 2007 12:40:25 PM), PortalExpress.install, com.ibm.wps.install.ExternalCommandAction$OutputWa tcher, msg2, StdOut: [exec] CREATE DB wpsdb USING CODESET UTF-8 TERRITORY us COLLATE USING UCA400_NO PAGESIZE 8192
    (Feb 13, 2007 12:40:25 PM), PortalExpress.install, com.ibm.wps.install.ExternalCommandAction$OutputWa tcher, msg2, StdOut: [exec] SQL1092N "ADMINISTRATOR" does not have the authority to perform the requested
    (Feb 13, 2007 12:40:25 PM), PortalExpress.install,

    I can't understand this as I am logged in as domain administrator who should have the correct permissions

  3. Re: Portal Express 6.0 install fails on db2 Express

    I have faced the same problem.

    After adding the user in DB2ADMNS group created during DB2 Express installation,resolved the issue.

    In your case "Administrator" should be added in DB2ADMNS group.

    Please try and let me know the results.

    Thanks,
    Anshul Kaushal

  4. Re: Portal Express 6.0 install fails on db2 Express

    I faced exactly the same problem and exceptions with the installation of WebSphere Portal 6.0 trial version

    (please see

    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=198198&tstart=0

    )

    I tried to modify the password for the wpadmin user as you said, but this does not solve my problem. I still receive the

    java.lang.InternalError: Converter malfunction (UTF-16) -- please submit a bug report via

    at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$ConverterSD.malfunction(S treamDecoder.java.274)

    at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$ConverterSD.convertInto(S treamDecoder.java(Inline Compiled Code))

    at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$ConverterSD.implRead(Stre amDecoder.java(Compiled Code))

    at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(StreamDecoder.java(C ompiled Code))

    First time the password for wpadmin was wpadmin123 and the second time I installed I changed it to

    wpadmin and still does not work. The error still persist.

  5. Re: Portal Express 6.0 install fails on db2 Express

    I am also having the same issue where the install fails with this error:

    EJPIC0229E; The DB2 Express installation step failed.

    Following this message, the install program exits, and then this strange error message pops-up:

    java.lang.InternalError: Converter malfunction...

    I believe the problem is not in DB2. I have been checking two logs: the wpinstalllog.txt and db2setup.log. The db2setup.log has no indication of any error in it. As a matter of fact it states that DB2 is installed successfully. Only the wpinstalllog.txt mentions the EJPIC0229E error but doesn't describe anything else around it or why did this error take place.

    As soon as the install program exits, I can see the DB2 icon appear in the system tray (green color).

    • I am installing the Portal on a clean/brand new Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition with SP2 and 2GB of RAM.

    • I have modified the path to be as simple as possible (Program Files is not in the path)

    • The password does meet the complexity criteria

    • I am logged in as the admin

    Please if anyone has a solution to this, post it here.

    Thanks,

    Kamal

  6. Re: Portal Express 6.0 install fails on db2 Express

    Hi!

    I think that the java.lang.InternalError: Converter malfunction... is a java bug recognized by Sun. I found something similar declared as a java bug at:

    For a possible solution it does not help to change the password or the machine name. I've just found this:

    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14005334

    and I think that it worth to be tried, it could be a true solution to this time consuming problem.

  7. Re: Portal Express 6.0 install fails on db2 Express

    Not being able to install this software is becoming a nightmare. I am surprised how other people haven't seen this issue.

    I downloaded the beta release of Portal Server v6.1 today to see if I can work with this one. The download process was easier than previous times, but here's what I found out when I started to install this version:

    1. The installer program does tell you that your password meets the complexity criteria for DB2 but you should check the OS policy.

    2. It starts with the installation of DB2 first; before installing WAS or the Portal server.

    3. The process failed right away (at about 6%) with the same error: EJPIC0229E: The DB2 Express installation step failed.

    4. The installer program did not exit and the pop-up box with the java.lang.InternalError: Converter malfunction error DID NOT SHOW up.

    I have Java version 1.6 on the server but the install program brings its own JRE and uses it if it can't find java on the local machine. I have seen various logs that point to java folders that are nested within the code. When I checked their versions, they were all 1.4. May be the new installer has newer java and that is why no error popped up, but I could be wrong. According to Sun, the java.lang.InternalError was fixed in 1.4.

    This is becoming very hopeless.

  8. Re: Portal Express 6.0 install fails on db2 Express

    We've got the same problem, but you should try the following on the beta of Portal Server 6.1:

    you must not change the given password (xyzadminpw), otherwise the installation will fail.

  9. Re: Portal Express 6.0 install fails on db2 Express

    disabled

    do i have to change any of these values ???

    i tried to make an account and password manually and i succeeded

    but still have the same problem db2 installation failed

    the db2 account havn't been created

  10. Re: Portal Express 6.0 install fails on db2 Express

    here is the wp log file

    by the way : i dont have domain

    i make a DNS suffix which is xxxxxxxx.com

+ Reply to Thread