deploy servlet in Portlet application - Websphere

This is a discussion on deploy servlet in Portlet application - Websphere ; Hi, I am trying to access the servlet from the JSR 168 Portlet, I give the entry for that servlet in the Portlet's web.xml(i.e used for portlet application). The web.xml used to deploy the app is as follows: Test TestServlet ...

  1. deploy servlet in Portlet application

    Hi,

    I am trying to access the servlet from the JSR 168 Portlet, I give the entry for that servlet in the Portlet's web.xml(i.e used for portlet application).
    The web.xml used to deploy the app is as follows:

    Test

    TestServlet
    TestServlet

    Hello

    TestServlet
    wps/portal/TestServlet

    index.html
    index.htm
    index.jsp
    default.html
    default.htm
    default.jsp

    http://java.sun.com/portlet
    /WEB-INF/tld/std-portlet.tld

    Should I need to set some context root to use this servlet from my portlet, please support me by giving possible solution.

    Thanks

  2. Re: deploy servlet in Portlet application

    hi,
    dont add wps/portal in your url pattern simply use /TestServlet and
    use dynamic context generation mechanism like get application context
    + /TestServlet then your servlet will listen to the requests. ok

    On Feb 11, 4:34 pm, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to access the servlet from the JSR 168 Portlet, I give the entry for that servlet in the Portlet's web.xml(i.e used for portlet application).
    > The web.xml used to deploy the app is as follows:
    >

    > Test
    >
    > TestServlet
    > TestServlet
    >

    > Hello

    > TestServlet
    > wps/portal/TestServlet
    >

    > index.html
    > index.htm
    > index.jsp
    > default.html
    > default.htm
    > default.jsp
    >

    > http://java.sun.com/portlet
    > /WEB-INF/tld/std-portlet.tld
    >

    > Should I need to set some context root to use this servlet from my portlet, please support me by giving possible solution.
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread