Help needed on page authorization in WPS 6.0 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Help needed on page authorization in WPS 6.0 - Websphere ; Hi All, I am using WPS 6.0. I have created a page called "SamplePage". My requirement is when a user from a group called "Leaders" logs in to portal and click on the SamplePage, the following message should be displayed ...

  1. Help needed on page authorization in WPS 6.0

    Hi All,

    I am using WPS 6.0. I have created a page called "SamplePage". My
    requirement is when a user from a group called "Leaders" logs in to
    portal and click on the SamplePage, the following message should be
    displayed - "You are not authorized to view this page". And
    automatically logged off from portal then come back to the login page
    with a text message displayed. I need help on this. If you have any
    idea about how to do this either by creating a custom portlet or by
    using some other mechanism please let me know.

    Thanks.
    Ganesh

  2. Re: Help needed on page authorization in WPS 6.0

    Hi Ganesh,

    I have a question: using portals, the "SampePage" should not be
    displayed to any user who has no access to it. Why do you want a such
    complex system for ?
    Better understanding of your need would help me to give you accurate
    help.

    Hervé

    On 7 fév, 13:21, "gan_chet...@yahoo.com"
    wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am using WPS 6.0. I have created a page called "SamplePage". My
    > requirement is when a user from a group called "Leaders" logs in to
    > portal and click on the SamplePage, the following message should be
    > displayed - "You are not authorized to view this page". And
    > automatically logged off from portal then come back to the login page
    > with a text message displayed. I need help on this. If you have any
    > idea about how to do this either by creating a custom portlet or by
    > using some other mechanism please let me know.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Ganesh

  3. Re: Help needed on page authorization in WPS 6.0

    On Feb 7, 5:21 pm, "gan_chet...@yahoo.com"
    wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am using WPS 6.0. I have created a page called "SamplePage". My
    > requirement is when a user from a group called "Leaders" logs in to
    > portal and click on the SamplePage, the following message should be
    > displayed - "You are not authorized to view this page". And
    > automatically logged off from portal then come back to the login page
    > with a text message displayed. I need help on this. If you have any
    > idea about how to do this either by creating a custom portlet or by
    > using some other mechanism please let me know.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Ganesh

    hi ,
    part of the problem can be solved by personalization rule on the page
    level and dont give any access to the portlets on that page its better
    If you dont give any access on the page so that page is not displayed
    to the user , but still you want to go with the same strategy make a
    custom page with custom url and use content refresh meta tag to
    redirect him to that custom url through the personalization rule.

+ Reply to Thread