local ibm http server and portal - Websphere

This is a discussion on local ibm http server and portal - Websphere ; hi all, my local web server doesn't handle portal requests over port 80. Here are my previous steps maybe I'm doing something wrong or forgot something. - installed the web server from here > C95CGML - after web server was ...

  1. local ibm http server and portal

    hi all,

    my local web server doesn't handle portal requests over port 80.
    Here are my previous steps maybe I'm doing something wrong or forgot something.

    - installed the web server from here > C95CGML
    - after web server was installed the plugin installer started automatically
    - changed WPSHost and Port in wpconfig.properties

    After that I restarted all servers, but no access over port 80.

    - then I run the configurewebserver1.bat, the task run successfully, but still no access over port 80 (I was not sure whether this step was necessary)

    I noted that the WAS admin console shows no web server under > Servers > Web Servers !?

    Thanks for any help!
    Marcel

  2. Re: local ibm http server and portal

    Hi Marcel

    your description below is not clear, atleast to me. What changes you
    made to WPSHost and Port in wpconfig.properties and why? are you
    referencing the plugin file under WebSphere folder in httpd.conf?

    - Ravi

    On Feb 6, 5:56 am, wrote:
    > hi all,
    >
    > my local web server doesn't handle portal requests over port 80.
    > Here are my previous steps maybe I'm doing something wrong or forgot something.
    >
    > - installed the web server from here > C95CGML
    > - after web server was installed the plugin installer started automatically
    > - changed WPSHost and Port in wpconfig.properties
    >
    > After that I restarted all servers, but no access over port 80.
    >
    > - then I run the configurewebserver1.bat, the task run successfully, but still no access over port 80 (I was not sure whether this step was necessary)
    >
    > I noted that the WAS admin console shows no web server under > Servers > Web Servers !?
    >
    > Thanks for any help!
    > Marcel

+ Reply to Thread