Problem in usingPersonalization rules in WPS 6.0 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Problem in usingPersonalization rules in WPS 6.0 - Websphere ; Hi All, I am using WPS 6.0. I am trying to create a visiblity rule for displaying a test portlet to a user group called Brokers. I created the following rule " Show page or portlet when current Portal Users.Groups ...

  1. Problem in usingPersonalization rules in WPS 6.0

    Hi All,
    I am using WPS 6.0. I am trying to create a visiblity rule
    for displaying a test portlet to a user group called Brokers. I
    created the following rule

    " Show page or portlet when
    current Portal Users.Groups is Brokers
    otherwise hide"

    The rule had been applied to test portlet.

    But it is not working properly as expected. I loged in to portal as a
    registered user(broker1) who is belonging to Brokers group. But the
    test portlet is not visible to this user.

    I changed the rule like this

    " Show page or portlet when
    current Portal Users.Firstname is broker1
    otherwise hide"

    It is working fine. It means that it is working for user level access,
    but not for group level access.

    One more question.
    How to create custom rules? Instead of using show or hide, some other
    attributes would be used.

    Could anybody please give the solution for this if you know.

    Thanks.
    Ganesh

  2. Re: Problem in usingPersonalization rules in WPS 6.0

    Hi Ganesh,

    As the user group membership is not a single value, but a collection
    of values, you should not use the "is" operator but the "contains" (or
    "includes") one.
    Best regards

    Hervé

    On 6 fév, 06:36, "gan_chet...@yahoo.com"
    wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > I am using WPS 6.0. I am trying to create a visiblity rule
    > for displaying a test portlet to a user group called Brokers. I
    > created the following rule
    >
    > " Show page or portlet when
    > current Portal Users.Groups is Brokers
    > otherwise hide"
    >
    > The rule had been applied to test portlet.
    >
    > But it is not working properly as expected. I loged in to portal as a
    > registered user(broker1) who is belonging to Brokers group. But the
    > test portlet is not visible to this user.
    >
    > I changed the rule like this
    >
    > " Show page or portlet when
    > current Portal Users.Firstname is broker1
    > otherwise hide"
    >
    > It is working fine. It means that it is working for user level access,
    > but not for group level access.
    >
    > One more question.
    > How to create custom rules? Instead of using show or hide, some other
    > attributes would be used.
    >
    > Could anybody please give the solution for this if you know.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Ganesh

  3. Re: Problem in usingPersonalization rules in WPS 6.0

    Hi Herve,
    I tried with 'includes' and 'is included in' options.
    Even that is also not working.

    Option 1:

    " Show page or portlet when
    current Portal Users.Groups includes Brokers
    otherwise hide"

    Option 2:
    " Show page or portlet when
    current Portal Users.Groups is included in Brokers
    otherwise hide"

    Option 3:
    " Show page or portlet when
    current Portal Users.FirstName is included in Brokers
    otherwise hide"

    "Brokers" is the group name

    Am I missing something? Please let me know.

    Thanks.
    Ganesh

    On Feb 6, 6:50 pm, "H-Men" wrote:
    > Hi Ganesh,
    >
    > As the user group membership is not a single value, but a collection
    > of values, you should not use the "is" operator but the "contains" (or
    > "includes") one.
    > Best regards
    >
    > Hervé
    >
    > On 6 fév, 06:36, "gan_chet...@yahoo.com"
    > wrote:
    >

    > > Hi All,
    > > I am using WPS 6.0. I am trying to create a visiblity rule
    > > for displaying a test portlet to a user group called Brokers. I
    > > created the following rule

    > > " Show page or portlet when
    > > current Portal Users.Groups is Brokers
    > > otherwise hide"

    > > The rule had been applied to test portlet.

    > > But it is not working properly as expected. I loged in to portal as a
    > > registered user(broker1) who is belonging to Brokers group. But the
    > > test portlet is not visible to this user.

    > > I changed the rule like this

    > > " Show page or portlet when
    > > current Portal Users.Firstname is broker1
    > > otherwise hide"

    > > It is working fine. It means that it is working for user level access,
    > > but not for group level access.

    > > One more question.
    > > How to create custom rules? Instead of using show or hide, some other
    > > attributes would be used.

    > > Could anybody please give the solution for this if you know.

    > > Thanks.
    > > Ganesh- Hide quoted text -

  4. Re: Problem in usingPersonalization rules in WPS 6.0

    Hi Ganesh,

    I created a group named "Brokers" --> dn:cn=brokers,o=default
    organization (please note that the capital B is not in the dn).
    I created 2 users named "tuser1" and "tuser2".
    I added "tuser1" to "Brokers".
    I created a page named "Broker Space" that I want to be visible only
    to users who are memberof the "Brokers" group.

    In PZN, I created a profiler "User Profile":
    User Profile is
    broker when
    current Portal Users.Groups includes brokers (note: no
    capital B)

    Then I created a visibility rule "Brokers Only":
    Hide page ou portlet when
    User Profile is broker
    (You have to select the "User Profile" profiler when you are editing
    the rule, scroll down the popup menu to see this option)

    Finally, I set the page visibility rule to "Brokers Only".

    Test:
    1- I connect with "tuser1" : the "Broker Space" page is visible
    2- I connect with "tuser2" : the "Broker Space" page is NOT visible

    I guess PZN compares the DN value, not the display name or any other
    attribute, thus it was only the capitalization problem ;-)
    Environment: WP6.0 on windows, default install, no LDAP no DB.

    Best regards
    Hervé

    On 8 fév, 07:14, "gan_chet...@yahoo.com"
    wrote:
    > Hi Herve,
    > I tried with 'includes' and 'is included in' options.
    > Even that is also not working.
    >
    > Option 1:
    >
    > " Show page or portlet when
    > current Portal Users.Groups includes Brokers
    > otherwise hide"
    >
    > Option 2:
    > " Show page or portlet when
    > current Portal Users.Groups is included in Brokers
    > otherwise hide"
    >
    > Option 3:
    > " Show page or portlet when
    > current Portal Users.FirstName is included in Brokers
    > otherwise hide"
    >
    > "Brokers" is the group name
    >
    > Am I missing something? Please let me know.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Ganesh
    >
    > On Feb 6, 6:50 pm, "H-Men" wrote:> Hi Ganesh,
    >
    > > As the user group membership is not a single value, but a collection
    > > of values, you should not use the "is" operator but the "contains" (or
    > > "includes") one.
    > > Best regards

    > > Hervé

    > > On 6 fév, 06:36, "gan_chet...@yahoo.com"
    > > wrote:

    > > > Hi All,
    > > > I am using WPS 6.0. I am trying to create a visiblity rule
    > > > for displaying a test portlet to a user group called Brokers. I
    > > > created the following rule

    > > > " Show page or portlet when
    > > > current Portal Users.Groups is Brokers
    > > > otherwise hide"

    > > > The rule had been applied to test portlet.

    > > > But it is not working properly as expected. I loged in to portal as a
    > > > registered user(broker1) who is belonging to Brokers group. But the
    > > > test portlet is not visible to this user.

    > > > I changed the rule like this

    > > > " Show page or portlet when
    > > > current Portal Users.Firstname is broker1
    > > > otherwise hide"

    > > > It is working fine. It means that it is working for user level access,
    > > > but not for group level access.

    > > > One more question.
    > > > How to create custom rules? Instead of using show or hide, some other
    > > > attributes would be used.

    > > > Could anybody please give the solution for this if you know.

    > > > Thanks.
    > > > Ganesh- Hide quoted text -

  5. Re: Problem in usingPersonalization rules in WPS 6.0

    Thanks a lot Herve.
    I try the same in my server.

    Regards,
    Ganesh