Query parameters getting implicitly HTML/XML encoded - Websphere

This is a discussion on Query parameters getting implicitly HTML/XML encoded - Websphere ; We're doing some things in our WPS 5.1 portal where we have to pass data to our theme & skin via query parameters. Some of this data is XML, but we're URL-encoding it. So, if we want to send the ...

  1. Query parameters getting implicitly HTML/XML encoded

    We're doing some things in our WPS 5.1 portal where we have to pass data to our theme & skin via query parameters. Some of this data is XML, but we're URL-encoding it. So, if we want to send the XML:

    ...the URL ends up like this:

    http://localhost:9080/wps/myportal?value=%3Cfoo%2F%3E

    In the Default.jsp of the theme, we use request.getParameter():

    String value = request.getParameter("value");

    But the value ends up being XML-encoded or HTML-encoded:

    <foo/>

    This is really causing us hardship. As far as we can tell, this SHOULDN'T be happening, but maybe we're not understanding the API/spec correctly.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Query parameters getting implicitly HTML/XML encoded

    Sorry, the value we get back is encoded like this:

    <foo/>

+ Reply to Thread