I try to config DB2 8.0 with WebSphere Application Server 6.0. butI got ClassNotFoundException. - Websphere

This is a discussion on I try to config DB2 8.0 with WebSphere Application Server 6.0. butI got ClassNotFoundException. - Websphere ; I try to config DB2 8.0 with WebSphere Application Server 6.0 on IBM AIX , They are not in same server . when I test connection on ibm/console page, i got message "Test connection failed for data source NimDBConnection on ...

  1. I try to config DB2 8.0 with WebSphere Application Server 6.0. butI got ClassNotFoundException.

    I try to config DB2 8.0 with WebSphere Application Server 6.0 on IBM AIX , They are not in same server . when I test connection on ibm/console page, i got message
    "Test connection failed for data source NimDBConnection on server server1 at node wasservNode01 with the following exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2ConnectionPoolDataSource. View JVM logs for further details.".
    Before I config it. I already have to copy JAR file of DB2Connection Driver from database server[/home/db2inst1/sqllib/java] to web server [/usr/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/db2/lib]

    set The Class Path like that :
    WAS_INSTALL_ROOT /usr/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer
    UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH ${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/universalDriver/lib
    CLOUDSCAPE_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH ${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/cloudscape/lib
    DB2UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH ${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/db2/lib
    DB2UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_NATIVEPATH ${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/db2/lib
    Some part of the log file
    2/1/07 11:45:25:602 ICT] 00000045 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager$Worke r.run(WorkQueueManager.java:1039)
    [2/1/07 11:45:25:602 ICT] 00000045 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.j ava:1455)
    [2/1/07 11:45:25:619 ICT] 00000045 SystemErr R java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2ConnectionPoolDataSource
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.j ava(Compiled Code))
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java(C ompiled Code))
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java(C ompiled Code))
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java(Compiled Code))
    at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper.loadDat aSourceClass(DSConfigurationHelper.java:1404)
    at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper$7.run(D SConfigurationHelper.java:2119)
    at com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivil eged(AccessController.java(Compiled Code))
    at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper.testCon nectionForGUI(DSConfigurationHelper.java:2117)

    Please some one help me and give me the light.....

  2. Re: I try to config DB2 8.0 with WebSphere Application Server 6.0. but I got ClassNotFoundException.

    On Feb 1, 2:33 pm, wrote:
    > I try to config DB2 8.0 with WebSphere Application Server 6.0 on IBM AIX , They are not in same server . when I test connection on ibm/console page, i got message
    > "Test connection failed for data source NimDBConnection on server server1 at node wasservNode01 with the following exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2ConnectionPoolDataSource. View JVM logs for further details.".
    > Before I config it. I already have to copy JAR file of DB2Connection Driver from database server[/home/db2inst1/sqllib/java] to web server [/usr/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/db2/lib]
    >
    > set The Class Path like that :
    > WAS_INSTALL_ROOT /usr/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer
    > UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH ${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/universalDriver/lib
    > CLOUDSCAPE_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH ${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/cloudscape/lib
    > DB2UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH ${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/db2/lib
    > DB2UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_NATIVEPATH ${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/db2/lib
    > Some part of the log file
    > 2/1/07 11:45:25:602 ICT] 00000045 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager$Worke r.run(WorkQueueManager.java:1039)
    > [2/1/07 11:45:25:602 ICT] 00000045 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.j ava:1455)
    > [2/1/07 11:45:25:619 ICT] 00000045 SystemErr R java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2ConnectionPoolDataSource
    > at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.j ava(Compiled Code))
    > at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java(C ompiled Code))
    > at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java(C ompiled Code))
    > at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java(Compiled Code))
    > at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper.loadDat aSourceClass(DSConfigurationHelper.java:1404)
    > at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper$7.run(D SConfigurationHelper.java:2119)
    > at com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivil eged(AccessController.java(Compiled Code))
    > at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper.testCon nectionForGUI(DSConfigurationHelper.java:2117)
    >
    > Please some one help me and give me the light.....

    Try to install the DB2 Client and test the jdbc connection. Then try
    using from WebSphere.

  3. Re: I try to config DB2 8.0 with WebSphere Application Server 6.0. but I got ClassNotFoundException.

    On Feb 1, 10:33 am, wrote:
    > I try to config DB2 8.0 with WebSphere Application Server 6.0 on IBM AIX , They are not in same server . when I test connection on ibm/console page, i got message
    > "Test connection failed for data source NimDBConnection on server server1 at node wasservNode01 with the following exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2ConnectionPoolDataSource. View JVM logs for further details.".
    > Before I config it. I already have to copy JAR file of DB2Connection Driver from database server[/home/db2inst1/sqllib/java] to web server [/usr/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/db2/lib]
    >
    > set The Class Path like that :
    > WAS_INSTALL_ROOT /usr/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer
    > UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH ${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/universalDriver/lib
    > CLOUDSCAPE_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH ${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/cloudscape/lib
    > DB2UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH ${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/db2/lib
    > DB2UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_NATIVEPATH ${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/db2/lib
    > Some part of the log file
    > 2/1/07 11:45:25:602 ICT] 00000045 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.tcp..channel.impl.WorkQueueManager$Work er.run(WorkQueueManager.ja*va:1039)
    > [2/1/07 11:45:25:602 ICT] 00000045 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.j ava:1455)
    > [2/1/07 11:45:25:619 ICT] 00000045 SystemErr R java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2ConnectionPoolDataSource
    > at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.j ava(CompiledCode))
    > at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java(C ompiled Code))
    > at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java(C ompiled Code))
    > at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java(Compiled Code))
    > at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper.loadDat aSourceClass(DSConfigurat*ionHelper.java:1404)
    > at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper$7.run(D SConfigurationHelper.java*:2119)
    > at com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivil eged(AccessController.jav*a(Compiled Code))
    > at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper.testCon nectionForGUI(DSConfigura*tionHelper.java:2117)
    >
    > Please some one help me and give me the light.....

    Are you running on ND? Perhaps you could review your WS var's. I ran
    into some inexplicable situations a while ago, that were caused by
    vars that I defined at cell level scope, but somehow also existed at
    node (or server for that matter) level. Even vars without actual
    value, higher in the hiŽrarchy, will cause unexpected results.

    Sacha

  4. Re: I try to config DB2 8.0 with WebSphere Application Server 6.0. but I got ClassNotFoundException.

    On Feb 1, 2:33 pm, wrote:
    > I try to config DB2 8.0 with WebSphere Application Server 6.0 on IBM AIX , They are not in same server . when I test connection on ibm/console page, i got message
    > "Test connection failed for data source NimDBConnection on server server1 at node wasservNode01 with the following exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2ConnectionPoolDataSource. View JVM logs for further details.".
    > Before I config it. I already have to copy JAR file of DB2Connection Driver from database server[/home/db2inst1/sqllib/java] to web server [/usr/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/db2/lib]
    >
    > set The Class Path like that :
    > WAS_INSTALL_ROOT /usr/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer
    > UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH ${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/universalDriver/lib
    > CLOUDSCAPE_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH ${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/cloudscape/lib
    > DB2UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH ${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/db2/lib
    > DB2UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_NATIVEPATH ${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/db2/lib
    > Some part of the log file
    > 2/1/07 11:45:25:602 ICT] 00000045 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.tcp..channel.impl.WorkQueueManager$Work er.run(WorkQueueManager.ja*va:1039)
    > [2/1/07 11:45:25:602 ICT] 00000045 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.j ava:1455)
    > [2/1/07 11:45:25:619 ICT] 00000045 SystemErr R java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2ConnectionPoolDataSource
    > at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.j ava(CompiledCode))
    > at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java(C ompiled Code))
    > at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java(C ompiled Code))
    > at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java(Compiled Code))
    > at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper.loadDat aSourceClass(DSConfigurat*ionHelper.java:1404)
    > at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper$7.run(D SConfigurationHelper.java*:2119)
    > at com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivil eged(AccessController.jav*a(Compiled Code))
    > at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper.testCon nectionForGUI(DSConfigura*tionHelper.java:2117)
    >
    > Please some one help me and give me the light.....

    There are multiple required jars see the documentation to use a type 4
    driver for db2 and jars to include in the class path of the server
    shared/app

+ Reply to Thread