How to tell if a user can view a ContentNode - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to tell if a user can view a ContentNode - Websphere ; I'm generating a sitemap on Portal 6 using the ContentModel SPI and recursively stepping through all the pages in the content tree. I want to render the entire tree, but mark the pages to which the user does not have ...

  1. How to tell if a user can view a ContentNode

    I'm generating a sitemap on Portal 6 using the ContentModel SPI and recursively stepping through all the pages in the content tree. I want to render the entire tree, but mark the pages to which the user does not have access as being inaccessable, but I can't figure out how to do determine which nodes are visible to the user and which aren't.

    I can get user information about the current user form the PUMA SPI, but which SPI should I be using to test whether the user can view a given ContentNode?

  2. Re: How to tell if a user can view a ContentNode

    So there is no way to do this, then?

  3. Re: How to tell if a user can view a ContentNode

    If you ever found out how to do this I would be most interested in finding out how. We will have to do exactly that and by the sound of it you could save us some time.

+ Reply to Thread