Why go for portlets - Websphere

This is a discussion on Why go for portlets - Websphere ; Hi All, What are the benefits of using portal server.In case we need to have single portlet then what is the advantage of creating portlet in this case. Thanks...

  1. Why go for portlets

    Hi All,
    What are the benefits of using portal server.In case we need to have
    single portlet then what is the advantage of creating portlet in this
    case.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Why go for portlets

    On Jan 31, 7:00 am, "hrpreet" wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > What are the benefits of using portal server.In case we need to have
    > single portlet then what is the advantage of creating portlet in this
    > case.
    >
    > Thanks

    Personalization, customization, the ability to integrate into a single
    sign-on architecture, the separation of themes out of the portlet.

    Of course, if you only have one single portlet, why not just create a
    word document and email it to everyone.

    Just because you have a hammer, doesn't mean everything is a nail.

    -Cameron McKenzie

    Author of What is WebSphere? and the SCJA Certification Guides
    Free Mock SCJA Exams: http://www.scja.com
    Free WebSphere Tutorials: http://studyguides.scja.com/j2ee/index.jsp
    Free Portlet Development Tutorials: http://studyguides.scja.com/jsr168/index.jsp

+ Reply to Thread