storing images on the linux file system - Websphere

This is a discussion on storing images on the linux file system - Websphere ; Hi, I am developing IBM Portlets I am trying to hold my images on the file system on the linux server. when I am in the JSP I have Code: IMG src="/opt/IBM/WorkplaceServicesExpress/PortalServer/Images/" + Image +".gif" but when I run this ...

  1. storing images on the linux file system

    Hi, I am developing IBM Portlets

    I am trying to hold my images on the file system on the linux server.

    when I am in the JSP I have
    Code:
    IMG src="/opt/IBM/WorkplaceServicesExpress/PortalServer/Images/" + Image +".gif"
    but when I run this on the server it generated to code to be
    Code:
    IMG src="http://portalworkplace2.dewhirst.com/opt/IBM/WorkplaceServicesExpress/PortalServer/Images/TAN.gif"
    how do I just get it to go directly to the sever file system

    thanks for your help in advance

  2. Re: storing images on the linux file system

    On Jan 31, 10:09 pm, wrote:
    > Hi, I am developing IBM Portlets
    >
    > I am trying to hold my images on the file system on the linux server.
    >
    > when I am in the JSP I have

    Code:
    IMG src="/opt/IBM/WorkplaceServicesExpress/PortalServer/Images/" + Image +".gif"
    > but when I run this on the server it generated to code to be

    Code:
    IMG src="http://portalworkplace2.dewhirst.com/opt/IBM/WorkplaceServicesExpress..."
    > how do I just get it to go directly to the sever file system
    >
    > thanks for your help in advance

    try img src="file:///opt/..."

  3. Re: storing images on the linux file system

    try putting the image in response.encodeURL()

+ Reply to Thread