"Web Content Management" data migration - Websphere

This is a discussion on "Web Content Management" data migration - Websphere ; Hi, has anyone here successfully take over wcm data from one portal server to another portal server? Marcel...

  1. "Web Content Management" data migration

    Hi, has anyone here successfully take over wcm data from one portal server to another portal server?

    Marcel

  2. Re: "Web Content Management" data migration

    Hi
    If u need to transfer WCM data u can use syndication. In this 2 machines need to be connected. While if this situation is not possible. The u can just transfer data from one database to another and configure WCM to use the new database.

    I have tested the second option.

  3. Re: "Web Content Management" data migration

    I am on the same boat with mstolle and syndication has proven to be buggy so far (with portal 6.0), meaning that it doesn't successfully syndicate (although there are some fixpacks to apply yet).

    So if we wanted to follow the "database migration" option, would we just export data from the jcr domain? Have u got a working roadmap for this?

    Thanks

    Jim

+ Reply to Thread