Portlet Localization for anonymous user - Websphere

This is a discussion on Portlet Localization for anonymous user - Websphere ; Portlet jsp pages can be localized by using jstl format tag with resource bundles. However the language preference is set by using portal's 'edit my preferences' dialog. How can user locale or language choice be changed for anonymous users of ...

  1. Portlet Localization for anonymous user

    Portlet jsp pages can be localized by using jstl format tag with resource bundles. However the language preference is set by using portal's 'edit my preferences' dialog.
    How can user locale or language choice be changed for anonymous users of portal?

  2. Re: Portlet Localization for anonymous user

    For anonymous users it's picked up from request header set by the browser. For IE see Internet options->Languages...

  3. Re: Portlet Localization for anonymous user

    True, but I need to control among a few locales the app supports. Can I ask user to select a language and then let portal treat it like it does when a registered user sets language preference?
    I've noticed that the portal inserts a locale obj in request when a user sets language. Is there a way to mimic it?

    Thanks,

  4. Re: Portlet Localization for anonymous user

    Websphere Portal Server supports the following command which you may insert in your theme or somewhere in the jsp.

    value="fr_CH"/>

    Put the above command in anchor tag of html.
    When user clicks on above provided links, the entire locale of the portal server will be changed.

    You can query the locale simply by calling PortletRequest objects getLocale() method. Or if you want to get simply the user locale try to get 'accept-language' header from request.

+ Reply to Thread