PrivilegedActionException on "Run on Server" with portal v6.0 testenvironment?? - Websphere

This is a discussion on PrivilegedActionException on "Run on Server" with portal v6.0 testenvironment?? - Websphere ; I have a fresh install of RAD 7.0 and the Portal v6.0 test environment. Every time I try to deploy a project, I get this error in a popup inside RAD: Cannot find the specified class java.security.PrivilegedActionException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.websphere.ssl.protocol.SSLSocketFactory It ...

  1. PrivilegedActionException on "Run on Server" with portal v6.0 testenvironment??

    I have a fresh install of RAD 7.0 and the Portal v6.0 test environment. Every time I try to deploy a project, I get this error in a popup inside RAD:

    Cannot find the specified class java.security.PrivilegedActionException:
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
    com.ibm.websphere.ssl.protocol.SSLSocketFactory

    It seems the application gets deployed to WAS (I can see it in the admin console under "Enterprise Applications") but never gets configured in portal (I can't see it in the portal Administration section under Web Modules).

    Has anyone had this problem? Is there some patch I need to install here? (I haven't installed any for my portal v6.0 test environment). Or is there a way I can make RAD communicate with portal using HTTP instead of HTTPS?

    Thanks for any suggestions,
    Lars

  2. Re: PrivilegedActionException on "Run on Server" with portal v6.0test environment??

    I've tried installing the Portal 6.0.0.1 patch, as well as its pre-requisites (WAS6.02 Fixpack 15 + PK31186) and created a fresh workspace. This problem still happens - ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.websphere.ssl.protocol.SSLSocketFactory

  3. Re: PrivilegedActionException on "Run on Server" with portal v6.0test environment??

    Seems the ClassNotFoundException is thrown by RAD when it's trying to connect to /wps/config... Disabling security on the server (via the WAS Admin Console as well as the Server Config in RAD) seems to work around the problem.

+ Reply to Thread