Authentication plug point - Websphere

This is a discussion on Authentication plug point - Websphere ; Hi, I have a requirement where in, a set of portlet need to share a common object. The best way, I thought would be create this common object in HttpSession, which can be accessed across portlets. To handle this I ...

  1. Authentication plug point

    Hi,

    I have a requirement where in, a set of portlet need to share a common object. The best way, I thought would be create this common object in HttpSession, which can be accessed across portlets. To handle this I have to now create an authentication plug point, which will get called post login for each user. Whats the prescribed way in WPS to do this.

    I tried a couple of options (thought may not be the right way). But which didnt work out.
    1. Developed a custom JAAS login module and added it to WEB-INBOUND JAAS configuration. This JAAS login module never gets called when I login from portal.
    2. Developed a custom TAI (This is definitely not the right thing to do, but to just make it work). Here again from the HttpServletRequest, I am not able to get the user currently logging in.

    Thanks for help in Advance.

    Regards
    Sathya

  2. Re: Authentication plug point

    Hi Sathya

    Here is one solution.
    1. Write a class that extends LoginUserAuth
    2. Override doPostLogin(). Call super.doPostLogin() and perform whatever you want to during post login
    3. Edit ConfigService.properties and change the property
    command.login = YourClassName

  3. Re: Authentication plug point

    How about creating a Portal Service (it can be accessed from any portlet) that would return/create the object.

  4. Re: Authentication plug point

    Hi Mehruf,

    Thanks for the reply. I tried LoginUserAuth. But am stuck with a problem there. What I did was i set some varibles in HttpSession in doPostLogin method. (available through RunData object). But these variables are not visible in the portlet. That is, when I get the session Attribute from my portlet code, it returns null.

    What am I doing wrong ?

    Regards
    Sathya

  5. Re: Authentication plug point

    Hi,

    Also, At the moment we have lots of portlets already coded to retrieve values from PortletSession object. These portlets run in JBoss/liferay. We dont want to disturb the existing code base and just port portlets to WebSphere portal server.

    Regards
    Sathya

+ Reply to Thread