Re: myfaces in Websphere portal 5.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: myfaces in Websphere portal 5.1 - Websphere ; Any answers or solutions for this one?...

  1. Re: myfaces in Websphere portal 5.1

    Any answers or solutions for this one?

  2. Re: myfaces in Websphere portal 5.1

    We are trying to deploy a MyFaces/JSF app on Websphere Portal Server
    5.1. I followed steps on MyFaces wiki to deploy on WPS5.1. So I added to
    the portlet.xml file this entry:

    org.apache.myfaces.portlet.MyFacesGenericPortlet

    And I added the portal bridges jar files (all 4 of them:
    portals-bridges-common-1.0.jar, portals-bridges-frameworks-1.0.jar,
    portals-bridges-jsf-1.0.jar, portals-bridges-portletfilter-1.0.jar; is
    this the way to go?) to the WEB-INF/lib of the application.

    The application deploys but when I load the portlet I get this
    exception:

    Caused by: javax.faces.FacesException: Unsupported context type com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp
    at org.apache.portals.bridges.jsf.FacesContextFactory Impl.getFacesContext(FacesContextFactoryImpl.java: 52)
    at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServl et.java:131)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictServletInsta nce.doService(StrictServletInstance.java:110)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleSer vlet._service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:174)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.IdleServletState.s ervice(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:313)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleSer vlet.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:116)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstance.se rvice(ServletInstance.java:283)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ValidServletRefere nceState.dispatch(ValidServletReferenceState.java: 42)

    Any help would be appreciated!
    Freya

  3. Re: myfaces in Websphere portal 5.1

    On Jan 29, 5:35 am, wrote:
    > We are trying to deploy a MyFaces/JSF app on Websphere Portal Server
    > 5.1. I followed steps on MyFaces wiki to deploy on WPS5.1. So I added to
    > the portlet.xml file this entry:
    >
    > org.apache.myfaces.portlet.MyFacesGenericPortlet
    >
    > And I added the portal bridges jar files (all 4 of them:
    > portals-bridges-common-1.0.jar, portals-bridges-frameworks-1.0.jar,
    > portals-bridges-jsf-1.0.jar, portals-bridges-portletfilter-1.0.jar; is
    > this the way to go?) to the WEB-INF/lib of the application.
    >
    > The application deploys but when I load the portlet I get this
    > exception:
    >
    > Caused by: javax.faces.FacesException: Unsupported context type com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp
    > at org.apache.portals.bridges.jsf.FacesContextFactory Impl.getFacesContext(FacesContextFactoryImpl.java: 52)
    > at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServl et.java:131)
    > at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictServletInsta nce.doService(StrictServletInstance.java:110)
    > at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleSer vlet._service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:174)
    > at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.IdleServletState.s ervice(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:313)
    > at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleSer vlet.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:116)
    > at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstance.se rvice(ServletInstance.java:283)
    > at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ValidServletRefere nceState.dispatch(ValidServletReferenceState.java: 42)
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated!
    > Freya

    If you create a JSF portlet using IRAD, you will notice that IBM has a
    separate context for using JSF portlets. Use the IBM faces jar file
    for your JSF apps instead.

    -Cameron McKenzie

    Author of What is WebSphere? and the SCJA Certification Guides
    Free Mock SCJA Exams: http://www.scja.com
    Free WebSphere Tutorials: http://studyguides.scja.com/j2ee/index.jsp
    Free Portlet Development Tutorials: http://studyguides.scja.com/jsr168/index.jsp

+ Reply to Thread