problem in data migration of wpsportal cloudscape to oracle9i(Release 2) - Websphere

This is a discussion on problem in data migration of wpsportal cloudscape to oracle9i(Release 2) - Websphere ; Hi, Can anyone let me know what the problem with migration is, when migrating the websphere portal cloudsape databases to Oracle 9i. The steps are followed: I created database with the name wmmdb for the databases(release,comm,cust,wmmdb). I created users as ...

  1. problem in data migration of wpsportal cloudscape to oracle9i(Release 2)

    Hi,

    Can anyone let me know what the problem with migration is, when migrating the websphere portal cloudsape databases to Oracle 9i.

    The steps are followed:

    I created database with the name wmmdb for the databases(release,comm,cust,wmmdb). I created users as releaseusr, communityusr, customizationusr, wmmdbusr for wmmdb database. For all the remaining (jdrdb,fdbkdb,lmdb), I created another database with the name oracle.

    The users have been created with sufficient privilages as provided in the document. After that Configuration Wizard has been started for migrating. While in the process of migration of wmmdb(Member Manager data), it showing the errors.

    The following log details has been shown in portal-database-transfer.log

    Transfer Data :: MaxMemory is 512M
    [java] [01/28/07 15:18:44.594 IST] Attempting to make connection using: jdbcracle:thin:@10.112.77.250:1521:wmmdb :: system :: PASSWORD_REMOVED
    [java] [01/28/07 15:18:44.860 IST] Connection successfully made
    [java] [01/28/07 15:18:44.860 IST] Attempting to make connection using: jdbc:db2j:wpsdb;create=true :: db2admin :: PASSWORD_REMOVED
    [java] [01/28/07 15:18:45.204 IST] Connection successfully made
    [java] [01/28/07 15:18:45.204 IST] Transfer started
    [java] [01/28/07 15:18:59.938 IST] Transferring table --{ DB2ADMIN.WMMLAADTYP}-- to table --{SYSTEM.WMMLAADTYP }--
    [java] [01/28/07 15:19:00.001 IST] error.executing.transfer
    [java] java.lang.NullPointerException
    [java] at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBData.clearItem(DBData.java: 431)
    [java] at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBDataSetImpl.clearItem(DBDat aSetImpl.java:3528)
    [java] at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.clearPa rameters(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3401)
    [java] at com.ibm.wps.config.db.util.RowHelper.updatePrepare dStatement(RowHelper.java:211)
    [java] at com.ibm.wps.config.db.transfer.DefaultTableHandler .execute(DefaultTableHandler.java:101)
    [java] at com.ibm.wps.config.db.transfer.TransferEngine.exec ute(TransferEngine.java:57)
    [java] at com.ibm.wps.config.db.transfer.CmdLineTransfer.exe cute(CmdLineTransfer.java:93)
    [java] at com.ibm.wps.config.db.transfer.CmdLineTransfer.mai n(CmdLineTransfer.java:43)

  2. Re: problem in data migration of wpsportal cloudscape to oracle9i(Release 2)

    I was just wondering, what is your exact oracle version?, because, I faced the same issue then I figured out, the error is driver issue.So, You have to use 9.2.0.6 or later version driver.

  3. Re: problem in data migration of wpsportal cloudscape to oracle9i(Release 2)

    Also check that your wpconfig_dbtype.properties and wpconfig_dbdomain.properties files are up to date.

    Be sure your driver file is properly specified in these files and the passwords are specified.

+ Reply to Thread