How to cater application specific roles in portal? - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to cater application specific roles in portal? - Websphere ; Hi, Problem: There are various user gruops that can have 3 types of access to the portlets, i.e, R-read, W-write, U-update. Here the 3 access types are basically 3 different functionalities of a portlet. We plan to handle the RWU ...

  1. How to cater application specific roles in portal?

    Hi,
    Problem:
    There are various user gruops that can have 3 types of access to the portlets,
    i.e, R-read, W-write, U-update. Here the 3 access types are basically 3 different functionalities of a portlet.

    We plan to handle the RWU mapping by maintaining three different groups for each portlet viz. Group1R,Group1W,Group2U. But in this case we will have to split each portlet into three diff portlets to control the access.

    Please suggest if there is any better way to do this.
    Thanks in advance.
    Manmeet

  2. Re: How to cater application specific roles in portal?

    How about doing the updates in the edit mode of the portlet, give user acl to the read only group, and editor acl to the update group(so this members of this group can see the edit icon).

  3. Re: How to cater application specific roles in portal?

    Thanks for the reply. I considered doing this, but i have a third type of functionality that is write(insert). The custom modes would have solved the problem but only config mode is supported by WPS.

+ Reply to Thread