WPS V6 inline style problems - Websphere

This is a discussion on WPS V6 inline style problems - Websphere ; Hi, I am in the process of migrating a portal from WPS v5.0 to v6. I am having some trouble with inline style statements which have been used extensively throughout the site by the original developers for layout purposes. The ...

  1. WPS V6 inline style problems

    Hi,

    I am in the process of migrating a portal from WPS v5.0 to v6. I am having some trouble with inline style statements which have been used extensively throughout the site by the original developers for layout purposes. The problem I am seeing is that the style statements are not being processed/rendered in the same way in v6 which is causing the site to look very strange. I have saved a page as a complete webpage in IE7 (we are restricted to IE for this portal) and noticed that the first line appears as:

    I discovered that removing the "http://www.w3c.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/loose.dtd" statement from the saved page corrects all the problems I am seeing. Unfortunately I have no idea how to stop WPSv6 from including this. The Default.jsp file in the theme defines the doctype as:

    This has no effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Regards
    Gareth Trott

  2. Re: WPS V6 inline style problems

    Just to let people know I discovered that this was due to the original developer not fully conforming to the HTML standard being defined in the DOCTYPE directive. Due to time restrictions I found a quick fix was to remove the DOCTYPE from the theme.

    Looks to be another case of standards being tightened up, all good but a pain when pressed for time )

    Regards
    Gareth

+ Reply to Thread