JSR-168 JSF Portlet - inital view - Websphere

This is a discussion on JSR-168 JSF Portlet - inital view - Websphere ; Hi all; We have a multi-page JSR-168 JSF portlet. After processing the initial page, portlet navigates to the second page, then the user goes to another menu item from the portal navigation (goes to another portal page). After he comes ...

  1. JSR-168 JSF Portlet - inital view

    Hi all;

    We have a multi-page JSR-168 JSF portlet.
    After processing the initial page, portlet navigates to the second page,
    then the user goes to another menu item from the portal navigation (goes
    to another portal page). After he comes back to the original page JSF
    portlet renders the last visited page(second page) as expected.

    But our client wants to override this behavior, only when a menu item is
    clicked the initial page of the portlet should be displayed.

    Does anybody come across such an implementation, or advise us a solution?

    Thanks in advance
    Pinar Ugurlu
    IBM Software Group

  2. Re: JSR-168 JSF Portlet - inital view

    A fast a dirty way to accomplish this: in your JSF application, add an attribute to the request that keeps propagating through the screen flows. When a user accessing the portlet via the manu, that request attribute will not exist, and your portlet can decide to show its first screen.

+ Reply to Thread