Hiding a Portlet on the Page(Urgent) - Websphere

This is a discussion on Hiding a Portlet on the Page(Urgent) - Websphere ; Hello All, I have four portlets on my page now(View part). Now what I need to do is to hide a portlet depending on a condition. I dont want the portlet to be diplayed even in its minimized mode, rather ...

  1. Hiding a Portlet on the Page(Urgent)

    Hello All,

    I have four portlets on my page now(View part). Now what I need to do is to hide a portlet depending on a condition.

    I dont want the portlet to be diplayed even in its minimized mode, rather I want the portlet to be absent if it does not satisfy a condition.

    Where do I need to put this condition in control.jsp or in Default.jsp or in the same view part(Viewjsp)of a portlet .

    As of now I am not looking for an administration related solution for this ie depending on his privilege , displaying him the required portlets.

    Please some one tell me , Can we do this programmatically?

    Its an urgent one . please suggest me your views.
    Thank you.

  2. Re: Hiding a Portlet on the Page(Urgent)

    Please do not flat your posts as urgent. http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ns.html#urgent

    Anyway, you can set the level of access that any user has to a portlet using the admin console. If he doesn't have the required level (user), he will not be able to see the portlet on the page.

    Is your condition more complicated than that?

  3. Re: Hiding a Portlet on the Page(Urgent)

    you can take a look to this topic
    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...d=147656&cat=9

  4. Re: Hiding a Portlet on the Page(Urgent)

    > Please do not flat your posts as urgent.
    > http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#urg
    > ent
    >
    > Anyway, you can set the level of access that any user
    > has to a portlet using the admin console. If he
    > doesn't have the required level (user), he will not
    > be able to see the portlet on the page.
    >
    > Is your condition more complicated than that?

    Thank you Jessica for your reply and I will post them as urgent again.

    My actual requirement is to set a condition programtically and control the portlet rendering .

    In this scenario ,I will be getting the data from a third party resource so , in advance I will not be knowing whether the content is present or not.

    If the request to that third party reource able to retrive content(data) from it, portlet should display it.

    Can I put some condition for ortletRender> in control.jsp and control the portlet rendering ,as it is responsible for portlet rendering.

    Can it be done this way?

  5. Re: Hiding a Portlet on the Page(Urgent)

    Sorry,

    I will not post my topics as urgent again.

  6. Re: Hiding a Portlet on the Page(Urgent)

    On Jan 28, 5:04 am, wrote:
    > Sorry,
    >
    > I will not post my topics as urgent again.

    I have seen an invisible skin used to do this, and the portlet, when
    inivisible, sends no tags to the portal page aggregator. I didn't like
    it, but it worked.

    -Cameron McKenzie

    Author of What is WebSphere? and the SCJA Certification Guides
    Free Mock SCJA Exams: http://www.scja.com
    Free WebSphere Tutorials: http://studyguides.scja.com/j2ee/index.jsp
    Free Portlet Development Tutorials: http://studyguides.scja.com/jsr168/index.jsp

+ Reply to Thread