How to export data to Excel form a portlet? - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to export data to Excel form a portlet? - Websphere ; Hello I need to develop a portlet from which I can export data to Excel. The data keept in a HashMap are presented in a table format, when portlet in VIEW mode. When pressing an "Export" button I would like ...

  1. How to export data to Excel form a portlet?

    Hello

    I need to develop a portlet from which I can export data to Excel. The data keept in a HashMap are presented in a table format, when portlet in VIEW mode. When pressing an "Export" button I would like to be presented with a popup asking if I want to Open / Save the Excel file or Cancel the operation.

    The Java code I am using in a JSP is :

    <%@ page import="java.util.*" %>
    <%@ page import="java.io.*" %>

    <%

    response.setContentType("application/vnd.ms-excel");
    response.setHeader("Content-disposition",
    "attachment; filename=tabella11.xls");
    // attachment - since we don't want to open
    // it in the browser, but
    // with MS-Excel, and set the
    // default file name to use.
    response.setHeader("CacheControl", "no-cache");
    response.setHeader("pragma","no-cache");
    response.setHeader("Expires","-1");

    StringBuffer recordString = new StringBuffer();
    recordString.append("");
    recordString.append("");
    recordString.append("
    hello
    ");
    String str = recordString.toString();

    PrintWriter pw=response.getWriter();
    pw.println(str);
    %>

    But unfortunatelly I get an exception:

    2007.01.23 16:03:50.906 E com.ibm.wps.services.dispatcher.DispatcherServiceI mpl handleRequest
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Writer already obtained

    Can anyone help me please with some piece of code or an workaround for solving this issue?

    Thanks in advance.

    Otilia

  2. Re: How to export data to Excel form a portlet?

    You should build a servlet for this. You can create a servlet in your portlet application.

+ Reply to Thread