Portal Server's Problem - Websphere

This is a discussion on Portal Server's Problem - Websphere ; Hi, I have installed IBM RAD v6.0 & Web Sphere Portal Test Environment Server v5.1 on my machine, After Configuring the Portal test Environment server with RAD,when i Start the portal server through RAD, it starts successfully but after few ...

  1. Portal Server's Problem

    Hi,
    I have installed IBM RAD v6.0 & Web Sphere Portal Test Environment Server v5.1 on my machine, After Configuring the Portal test Environment server with RAD,when i Start the portal server through RAD, it starts successfully but after few seconds its automatically getting down.Please help in resolving this issue as early as possible.

    Thanks & Regards
    Vikas Verma

  2. Re: Portal Server's Problem

    I guess the pbm with your portlet, I was experienced the same issue.

  3. Re: Portal Server's Problem

    From my experience, this problem can be due to a number of different reasons. Try to look for any logs that might tell you what's wrong. If you double-click the server you can configure it to log to the console by selecting the portal tab and checking "enable console logging". Hopefully you will get some log output that can help you track down what's wrong. Good luck!

  4. Re: Portal Server's Problem

    It's a possibility that one of your applications/portlets is crashing the server right after initializing. Can you remove your portlets and try to start the server? If it starts without problems then it's one of your apps.

    Another thing is that you can get this behaviour when you override one of portal's libraries with your own version. This means that if you should check your parent_first / parent_last settings for the application that uses the library.

+ Reply to Thread