Http Transport vs WebServer in WebSphere Application Server - Websphere

This is a discussion on Http Transport vs WebServer in WebSphere Application Server - Websphere ; Hi, Can anyone let me know what are the differences that i get when i use WebServer(IBM Http Server or any webserver supported by WAS) over Http Transport in WebSphere Application Server? Thanks in Advance...

  1. Http Transport vs WebServer in WebSphere Application Server

    Hi,

    Can anyone let me know what are the differences that i get when i use WebServer(IBM Http Server or any webserver supported by WAS) over Http Transport in WebSphere Application Server?

    Thanks in Advance

  2. Re: Http Transport vs WebServer in WebSphere Application Server

    As far as i know they are similar operation. The thing
    is with an external HTTP server you can put it in a
    DMZ for security. There are issues with keeping
    security keys in a server with access ti Internet,
    its better to use TAI and stick the app server in
    a secure zone.

    if thats not an issue with you, then just stick
    with Apache (IHS) in the App server itself.

    Hope this helps...
    Wawens

+ Reply to Thread