RAD 7.0 Problem - Websphere

This is a discussion on RAD 7.0 Problem - Websphere ; Hi All WebSphere portal developer Gurus, I have installed RAD 7 evaluation version. I have two problems. Problem #1 I am working in a remote server configuration env where in my desktop has the client (RAD7) and a server (remote) ...

  1. RAD 7.0 Problem

    Hi All WebSphere portal developer Gurus,
    I have installed RAD 7 evaluation version. I have two problems.

    Problem #1
    I am working in a remote server configuration env where in my desktop has the client (RAD7) and a server (remote) has the WAS and WebSphere portal. How do I configure the server in the RAD7 tool to work smoothly with Remote server?

    Problem #2
    Only recently due to some RND I did I am getting JVM Terminated Exit code 1 error whenever I try to invoke the RAD7 tool. Does any one why does it come?

    Regards
    Jay Kapadia

  2. Re: RAD 7.0 Problem

    you can use WebSphere Portal 5.1 remote server attach and give the portal 6.0 installed location. It works fine for me.

  3. Re: RAD 7.0 Problem

    Hi Kannan,
    Can you tell me how to and where from should I download this? I am new to Websphere portal and this will help me a lot.

    Regards
    Jay Kapadia

  4. Re: RAD 7.0 Problem

    One needs to specify the Server's name as the host name/IP address of the remote machine in the first dialog box and then choose the WebSphere Portal v 6.0 Server. RAD would automatically select the Server Runtime (lowermost box) which in your case would be the WebSphere Portal v6 Stub.

    Once this is done and we press Next, use the default settings and type the password for the portal administrator id.

    Once this is done go to the next window and type in the installed location of the portal server installation on the remote machine and the portal administrator password.

    Press Next and we are presented with the last popup, specify the /shared/app directory (again need specify the location of the servers directory e.g. c:/Program Files/IBM/WebSphere/PortalServer/shared/app)

    And that's it. Once u click Finish u should be getting the correct status of the server in the server view of the RAD.

  5. Re: RAD 7.0 Problem

    Hi Savyag,
    I tried to follow the instructions you gave me. It shows the server is stopped. When I try to restart it, it says remote start/stop is not possible. Can you tell me how to see the logs or some other workaround

    Regards
    Jay Kapadia

  6. Re: RAD 7.0 Problem

    When using remote attach, don't start/stop it using RAD.

    There's a good helpfile that comes with RAD 7, for all info you need to get it working.
    Developing portal and portlet applications -> Configuring WebSphere Portal server connections

    Read everything there about Portal v6 setup. Should solve your problem.
    One thing to note though, when mapping to remote directory for deployment use a networked mapped drive (for instance z:\portal_dir\PortalServer) instead of UNC (\\MyServer\portal_dir\PortalServer).

    /Jonas V

  7. Re: RAD 7.0 Problem

    Hi Jon,
    Now I have managed to configure the stuff. I have another problem though. When I build a portlet and say run at server, it give page cannot be found. Can you tell me as to how and where can i find what ports to use for testing.

    Regards
    Jay K

  8. Re: RAD 7.0 Problem

    Hello Jay K,

    What URL are you hitting to? What's the port number? Can you cross verify that the port you are hitting to is the same that's defined in your server settings?
    Also, is this an RMI port or SOAP?

    SOAP is recommended port, if the server is on the firewall.

    ~Savy

  9. Re: RAD 7.0 Problem

    Hi Jaya,

    Also try with this one,

    1. Logon to portal server as admin
    2. Create Test Page and assign unique name as "wps.My Portal"
    3. Right click on your portlet project and select run on server option.
    4. The portlet will be available under test page which you have created in step2.

+ Reply to Thread