wps:urlGeneration :: compositionNode - Websphere

This is a discussion on wps:urlGeneration :: compositionNode - Websphere ; I have a menu item "Edit" when invoked should open a "portlet" in edit mode on a particular page. Each time i make changes to portlet or page, the compositionNode changes. How do i find the composition node dynamically.. I ...

  1. wps:urlGeneration :: compositionNode

    I have a menu item "Edit" when invoked should open a "portlet" in edit mode on a particular page. Each time i make changes to portlet or page, the compositionNode changes. How do i find the composition node dynamically.. I came across a topic in this form on the same setting compositionNode through xmlaccess so tht it does not change but not able to get to that topic now.

    compositionNode="7_6_8SE" portletMode="edit">

    Edit...

    any help is appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. Re: wps:urlGeneration :: compositionNode

  3. Re: wps:urlGeneration :: compositionNode

    Yes, jessica.garciaglennie gives you the right direction, what you are interested is giving a unique id to your target page and portlet. This is done with XMLAccess script in the article.

  4. Re: wps:urlGeneration :: compositionNode

    Jessica/Jim,

    thanks very much for the solution. I am pretty new to xmlaccess. Could u please point me to the tag or attribute that holds the compositionNode in the p2p_create_page.xml in the article.

    Thanks Again for the help

  5. Re: wps:urlGeneration :: compositionNode

    "Listing 6 shows part of the p2p_create_page.xml file (in p2p_legacy_code.zip), which creates a portal page titled Search result with the unique name of p2psample.SearchResult, and puts the SearchResult portlet, with a unique name of p2psample4.win.SearchResult, on the page."

+ Reply to Thread