Are these prepackaged WARs needed? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Are these prepackaged WARs needed? - Websphere ; Could someone please tell me what purpose do the following WARS serve and whether they can be uninstalled? federateTestWeb.war federateEJB.jar RichTextEditor.war SpreadsheetBlox.war Presentation.war SpellChecker.war wps_facade.war wp.scheduler.ejb.jar contentservices.war pdmauthor.war pdmsearchadapter.war pdmsearchadapter.jar pznutilities.war pznscheduler.jar pznpublish.war ilwwcm.war PA_1_0_37.war PA_1_0_38.war contentlayout.war Properties.war Managepages.war FrequentUsers.war ...

  1. Are these prepackaged WARs needed?

[...]

    WelcomePortlet.war
    PA_1_0_3E.war
    Settings.war
    MarkupsManager.war
    appearance.war
    PA_1_0_3I.war
    ResourceView.war
    ManagePrincipals.war
    Tracing.war
    ClientsManager.war
    UniqueNames.war
    WebPortlets.war
    ImportXML.war
    PA_1_0_3S.war
    login.war
    selfcare.war
    SearchAdmin.war
    SearchAndBrowse.war
    mylist.war
    reminder.war
    newsgroup.war
    DominoStruts.war
    PA_1_0_45.war
    BOBuilderPortlet.war
    sql.war
    Bookmarks.war
    bannerad.war
    Exchange3.war
    worldclock.war
    xslt.war
    QuickLinks.war
    ServletInvoker.war
    JspServer.war
    FileServer.war
    docviewer.war
    csv.war
    MarketWatch.war
    CPPMail.war
    CPPCalendar.war
    pdm.war
    docPicker.war
    ManageLibraries.war
    PA_1_0_6C.war
    tpl.war
    TasksPortlet.war
    pickerPortlet.war
    PA_1_0_6G.war
    DeppWelcome.war
    dominowebaccess.war
    domdoc.war
    PA_1_0_6K.war
    PA_1_0_6L.war
    lwppeoplefinder.war
    PA_1_0_6N.war
    notes2.war
    PA_1_0_6O.war
    pznauthorportlet.war
    pznruleportlet.war
    PA_1_0_9D.war
    PSESearchAdapterEJB.jar

    If there are any other WARs that can be safely uninstalled, please add them too.
    Thanks.

  2. Re: Are these prepackaged WARs needed?

    A lot of those WARs should not be uninstalled: they control the portlets that allow you to administer Portal via the web client. Why do you want to uninstall them, anyway?

  3. Re: Are these prepackaged WARs needed?

    The reason I want to uninstall the ones that are not needed:
    1. They make server start up slower without adding any useful functionality.
    2. They increase the memory footprint.

    In anycase, wanted to know if these prepackaged portlets were documented anywhere, so that users in general can pick and choose what they need. Many of them seem to be providing utilities which may be optional, others with prefix PA_* are portal applications....which I don't believe everyone may need. But unless this is documented, how do users decide what is needed and what is "bloatware"?

+ Reply to Thread