Getting the class file from WP_Root/shared/app - Websphere

This is a discussion on Getting the class file from WP_Root/shared/app - Websphere ; Hello Friends, I have one jar file that contains one class file, when I am trying to use this class from my portlet application, on runtime the portlet is throwing me the exception that the given ClassNotFoundException. After putting this ...

  1. Getting the class file from WP_Root/shared/app

    Hello Friends,

    I have one jar file that contains one class file, when I am trying to use this class from my portlet application, on runtime the portlet is throwing me the exception that the given ClassNotFoundException.

    After putting this file in shared/app, I restarted the portal server.

    I have to place this jar in shared/app because the class in jar file is used by skins and portlets.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: Getting the class file from WP_Root/shared/app

    Ram,
    I think u hve done the right step. you can edit the Portal Server
    classpath to refer your jar file.
    This is shud work anyway.

    ramkishor.m@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello Friends,
    >
    > I have one jar file that contains one class file, when I am trying to use this class from my portlet application, on runtime the portlet is throwing me the exception that the given ClassNotFoundException.
    >
    > After putting this file in shared/app, I restarted the portal server.
    >
    > I have to place this jar in shared/app because the class in jar file is used by skins and portlets.
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated.

  3. Re: Getting the class file from WP_Root/shared/app

    Just one class? It doesn't depend on other classes or jar files to help it run correctly?

+ Reply to Thread