Portal Installation - Websphere

This is a discussion on Portal Installation - Websphere ; Hi, I want to install websphere portal server. I want to justify installation process. I have found two ways in installation. Installation of Portal Server on already Existing WebSphere Application Server and Installation of new version of Portal Server. What ...

  1. Portal Installation

    Hi,

    I want to install websphere portal server. I want to justify installation process. I have found two ways in installation. Installation of Portal Server on already Existing WebSphere Application Server and Installation of new version of Portal Server. What is the best approach? What are the advantages we get over other installation types.

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: Portal Installation

    It depends what your long term plans are for that portal site.

    If it is simply a standalone environment that may get thrown away, then install it with the AppServer version already there.

    However, if your plans are to create a clustered environment or to use your AppServer to host other apps, you might want to install Portal on another server and point to that AppServer.

    Either way, be sure to patch up AppServer and Portal to the latest patches before you do anything !

+ Reply to Thread