Need evaluation download for Websphere portal. - Websphere

This is a discussion on Need evaluation download for Websphere portal. - Websphere ; Hi All Websphere Gurus, I am trying to evaluate Websphere portal for proposing it as a solution for B2E and B2C portal. I found the IBM WP App server evaluation version on the IBM side. I have downloaded it and ...

  1. Need evaluation download for Websphere portal.

    Hi All Websphere Gurus,
    I am trying to evaluate Websphere portal for proposing it as a solution for B2E and B2C portal. I found the IBM WP App server evaluation version on the IBM side. I have downloaded it and installed it. It works out fine. I am not able to find out the portal download on IBM site. Is it called something else? How to acquire a trial version for the portal server. The version I am working on is 6.1. Please help.

    Regards
    Jay Kapadia

  2. Re: Need evaluation download for Websphere portal.

    Hi there Jay,

    Are you a IBM Business partner? If not, afaik you can't get the Portal Trial without contacting IBM since it's only available on their secured download site.

    Hope that helps you,

    /Jonas V
    Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Portal v5.1
    Certified Solution Developer - WebSphere Portal v5.1

  3. Re: Need evaluation download for Websphere portal.

    Hi Jonas,
    Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I do have a IBM Partner id. Can you let me know how/where to log on and find the download link.

    Regards
    Jay K

  4. Re: Need evaluation download for Websphere portal.

    You'll find it at:

    https://www-304.ibm.com/jct09002c/pa..._software.html

    You'll need to be logged in as a business partner to get it working.

    Click the link for the Software access catalog (which is not available at the moment because of maintenance), do a search for WebSphere Portal V6.0 (don't forget the 'V'). It should also be available as an eAssembly.

    To get it working - download the following files (it's recommended to use their download applet):
    * WebSphere Portal V6.0 and Workplace Web Content Management V6.0 - Portal Install V6.0 (W-Setup, A-Setup, IL-Setup, ZL-Setup, SS-Setup, H-Setup, I-Setup , PL-Setup) Multilingual (C93LQML)
    * WebSphere Portal V6.0 and Workplace Web Content Management V6.0 - Portal Server (Disc 1 of 2), V6.0 (W3, A-3, SS-3, IL-3, PL-3, ZL-3, H-3, I-3) Multillingual (C93LSML)
    * WebSphere Portal V6.0 and Workplace Web Content Management V6.0 - Portal Server (Disc 2 of 2), V6.0 (W-4, A-4, SS-4, IL-4, PL-4, ZL-4, H-4, I-4) Multillingual (C93M4ML)
    * WebSphere Portal V6.0 and Workplace Web Content Management V6.0 - Personalization, V6.0 (W-5, A-5, SS-5, IL-5, PL-5, ZL-5, H-5, I-5) Multillingual (C93LUML)

    Windows specific
    * WebSphere Portal V6.0 and Workplace Web Content Management V6.0 - WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment for Windows, V6.0.2.9 (W-1) Multilingual (C93LWML)
    * WebSphere Portal V6.0 and Workplace Web Content Management V6.0 - WebSphere Process Server for WIndows, V6.0.1.1 (W-2) Multilingual (C93LRML)

    Linux specific
    Umm, I forgot the names, but they are named like the windows specific ones...

    Follow the install guide for a complete install progress.

    /Jonas V

  5. Re: Need evaluation download for Websphere portal.

    Hi Jonas,
    Thanks again. I got all the files you pointed out and I have put them for download. Just a quick question. Will the installation instructions be in the zip files or it will have to be downloaded separately. Can you send that to me if you have it?

    Regards
    Jay Kapadia

  6. Re: Need evaluation download for Websphere portal.

    Hi Jay,

    I don't recall seeing one. But there's a really good online document
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...v6r0/index.jsp

    It's a bit intimidating at first, but it is the number one source for portal info.
    Each chapter are also downloadable as a pdf.
    There are a couple of catches when installing (mostly to do with configuration) but if you read it in advance you'll be safe enough.

    For info regarding tutorials and such:
    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...l/proddoc.html

    Btw, welcome to the portal, prepare for a world of hurt ;-)

    /Jonas V

  7. Re: Need evaluation download for Websphere portal.

    Hi Jonas,
    I am getting an error when I trying to install portal from the downloaded files. Please see the attached. Please help me on this as I am trying to this since a week now.

    Regards
    Jay Kapadia

  8. Re: Need evaluation download for Websphere portal.

    Hi Jonas,
    Also attached are the other steps for installation.

    Regards
    Jay Kapadia

  9. Re: Need evaluation download for Websphere portal.

    Ok, this is a common mistake, since its cause is omitted from the installation documentation...

    Some of the imagefiles are .exe files. These are self-extracting zip-files.
    Those need to be extracted as well.

    Also a tip - you can extract all of them in to the same directory, no files will be overwritten, though some share folders.

    /Jonas V

  10. Re: Need evaluation download for Websphere portal.

    Hi Jonas,
    Thanks for the solutions. Everything has worked out and the server is installed. Do you do development in this environment? If yes what do you use for development. I have downloaded RAD tool for that. But there is a problem in it. I am not able to configure it for remote development. Meaning I cant have it on my PC and give the server settings in such a way that it is a remote machine. Can you shed some light on how do you guys setup your development env?
    Once again thanks for all the help.

    Regards
    Jay Kapadia

+ Reply to Thread