how to connect database connection using struts portlet - Websphere

This is a discussion on how to connect database connection using struts portlet - Websphere ; Hi, I am using rad 6.0.0.1 and websphere portal v 5.1 test environment. I want to connect the oracle 9i server using struts portlet. Can u explain, how to create the database connection. Thansk and regards, G. Venkateswarlu...

  1. how to connect database connection using struts portlet

    Hi,

    I am using rad 6.0.0.1 and websphere portal v 5.1 test environment. I want to connect the oracle 9i server using struts portlet.

    Can u explain, how to create the database connection.

    Thansk and regards,
    G. Venkateswarlu

  2. Re: how to connect database connection using struts portlet

    You can either use a direct connection to the datasource (by for example
    jndi lookup) or an stateless ejb which handles all you logic. You have
    to enter the connection within you database settings. If you decide to
    use an ejb, you have to make reference to that ejb within the portlet
    application web.xml. Both ways are quite well explained in some redbooks.

    M.A.Bednarz

    jayavenkat.g@gmail.com schrieb:
    > Hi,
    >

    > I am using rad 6.0.0.1 and websphere portal v 5.1 test environment. I want to connect the oracle 9i server using struts portlet.
    >
    > Can u explain, how to create the database connection.
    >
    > Thansk and regards,
    > G. Venkateswarlu

+ Reply to Thread