How to control the portlet skin? - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to control the portlet skin? - Websphere ; When I add a portlet with skin 'noBorder' to a page, Can I change the skin in my portlet code? Such as if the portlet is in the Maximun size, set skin to 'TTTTT' while set the skin to 'noBorder' ...

  1. How to control the portlet skin?

    When I add a portlet with skin 'noBorder' to a page,
    Can I change the skin in my portlet code?

    Such as
    if the portlet is in the Maximun size, set skin to 'TTTTT'
    while set the skin to 'noBorder' in the normal size?

  2. Re: How to control the portlet skin?

    I think it is better to do that in the skin.

    Create your own skin which display himself differently if the portlet are maximize or normal.

    Control.jsp sample :

    ---------------------------------

    ... my normal skin ...

    ... my maximized skin ...

    ---------------------------------

    Fabchap.

  3. Re: How to control the portlet skin?

    unfortunately, I don't have the access to change the control.jsp
    I even don't have access to create new skins

    What I can do , it's try to control the skins in page proterties, and the portlet itself.

  4. Re: How to control the portlet skin?

    > unfortunately, I don't have the access to change the
    > control.jsp
    > I even don't have access to create new skins
    >
    > What I can do , it's try to control the skins in page
    > proterties, and the portlet itself.

    Hi,

    The easy answer is - you can't change it through the portlet. Nor can you do it through editing the page properties. You have to stick with the skin you set.

    If you dig down deeper you'll find that there exist portlet skin-tags which you hypothetically could use in your portlet, but it comes with a caveat - Do not use portal tags in portlet JSPs.

    When using the noSkin border and you still need to use different window states, I would recommend that you add buttons to switch between states.

    Read his for more info (and its parent topic)
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...n_ptlskin.html

    /Jonas V

  5. Re: How to control the portlet skin?

    did you mean that I can use NoSkins for this portlet all the time in my current situation .

    And when I want to maximum the portlet , use this tags in my portlet JSP to control the Skin in portlet by my self?

    It sounds good, although it said that "do not use portal tags in portlet JSPs".

  6. Re: How to control the portlet skin?

    > did you mean that I can use NoSkins for this portlet all the time in my current situation .

    Yes, but I haven't tried it myself so the results may vary.

    > And when I want to maximum the portlet , use this tags in my portlet JSP to control the Skin in portlet by my self?

    Well, you could, but you would probably break something in the portal behavior if you do so. What I meant was that if you only need a skin just to go between different states and nothing else, using noSkin you could add links in the portlet for it thus still be able to change state.

    /Jonas V

  7. Re: How to control the portlet skin?

    well, get your point.

    thanks