Is Websphere Portal designed for more than one site? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Is Websphere Portal designed for more than one site? - Websphere ; I need to know, we cannot put together, for example, www.youtube.com and www.time.com , in the same Websphere Portal. Am I right? I mean, there is no way to make those two sites available at the same time, in only ...

  1. Is Websphere Portal designed for more than one site?

    I need to know, we cannot put together, for example, www.youtube.com and www.time.com, in the same Websphere Portal. Am I right? I mean, there is no way to make those two sites available at the same time, in only one Portal, imagining a situation in which the users can log in, that is, those sites are not just offline sites. I think I need to install another new Portal, with another new database, for each site I want to develop, but I am not sure.

    Please clarify me, thanks.

  2. Re: Is Websphere Portal designed for more than one site?

    Using virtual portal ,like virtual host. Install the http server to change access url for different virtual portals.

    enough is never enough

  3. Re: Is Websphere Portal designed for more than one site?

    Virtual portal... I've heard about this, but I don't know it very well... I am going to do some researches about it. But, just one more question, I am curious about how the logout operation works in this situation. That's because we know that when you are logged in and your session expires, you are redirected to a predefined page (defined in property "redirect.logout.url" in "ConfigService.properties"). So obviously, the logout redirection should not be the same, in www.youtube.com case and in www.time.com case. You should be able to configure differently, for each site, but how, since ConfigService.properties file is only one?

    Thank you, very much!

  4. Re: Is Websphere Portal designed for more than one site?

    Sorry...nobody knows?

+ Reply to Thread