Configuring Newsgroup Portlet with IBM WebSphere Portal 6.0 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Configuring Newsgroup Portlet with IBM WebSphere Portal 6.0 - Websphere ; Hi, Can anybody have any idea about how to configure Newsgroup portlet with IBM WebSphere Portal 6.0. Actually when I am configuring it with WPS6.0, it's asking for the NNTP server. Is this NNTP server relates to any special news ...

  1. Configuring Newsgroup Portlet with IBM WebSphere Portal 6.0

    Hi,

    Can anybody have any idea about how to configure Newsgroup portlet with IBM WebSphere Portal 6.0. Actually when I am configuring it with WPS6.0, it's asking for the NNTP server. Is this NNTP server relates to any special news server or we can configure any local server as NNTP server also? Please help me out if you have any solution regarding configuring Newsgroup portlet with IBM WPS6.0.

    Regards,
    Dimple

  2. Re: Configuring Newsgroup Portlet with IBM WebSphere Portal 6.0

    svirnave@ggn.hcltech.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anybody have any idea about how to configure Newsgroup portlet with IBM WebSphere Portal 6.0. Actually when I am configuring it with WPS6.0, it's asking for the NNTP server. Is this NNTP server relates to any special news server or we can configure any local server as NNTP server also? Please help me out if you have any solution regarding configuring Newsgroup portlet with IBM WPS6.0.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Dimple

    The simplest thing to do is to configure it to an existing NNTP server
    that carries the groups you want to read. Setting up and running your
    own NNTP server is of course more complicated. I don't think the portlet
    is limited in the server that can be used

+ Reply to Thread