WP6+RSA7: immediate="true" on buttons doesn't work as in WP5+RSA6 - Websphere

This is a discussion on WP6+RSA7: immediate="true" on buttons doesn't work as in WP5+RSA6 - Websphere ; I have a JSF portlet which has 2 pages: list and details , a user can press an entry in list and moves to its details page. When pressing on "OK" or "CANCEL" the user moves back to list. In ...

  1. WP6+RSA7: immediate="true" on buttons doesn't work as in WP5+RSA6

    I have a JSF portlet which has 2 pages: list and details , a user can
    press an entry in list and moves to its details page. When pressing on "OK" or "CANCEL" the user moves back to list.

    In wp5 (RSA6) i have used immediate="true" as an attribute of the "CANCEL"
    button to avoid validation errors.

    In wp6 (app developed in RSA7) the following scenario happens:

    List (user pressed entry A)-> details of A (user pressed CANCEL) -> List (user pressed on entry B) -> details of A!!! and not B

    It seems that the details does not refresh its text fields

    This did not happen in WP5

    Should i do something in the action of "CANCEL" to avoid this?
    Is there a diff way to avoid validation errors when the user just wants to go back w/o prompting errors?

    here is the code:

    styleClass="portlet-form-button" id="cancelButton"
    action="#{mb_DetailsViewScheduleUnit.actions.doCancel}"
    immediate="true">

    thanks

  2. Re: WP6+RSA7: immediate="true" on buttons doesn't work as inWP5+RSA6

    Hi shasah!

    I have similiar problems with RAD 6.0 and WP 5.1 and no solution in sight.
    Did you solve your problem?

    Greetings, Herbert

+ Reply to Thread