Portlet service problem on portal 6.0 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Portlet service problem on portal 6.0 - Websphere ; Hi All, I don't know what is the problem with portlet services registration in portal 6.0, I'm doing the same steps I did for portal 5.1 and I still get NameingNotFound exception and that the portlet service is not registered. ...

  1. Portlet service problem on portal 6.0

    Hi All,

    I don't know what is the problem with portlet services registration in portal 6.0, I'm doing the same steps I did for portal 5.1 and I still get NameingNotFound exception and that the portlet service is not registered.

    Is there any additional steps to be taked after registering the service in portal 6.0 ??

  2. Re: Portlet service problem on portal 6.0

    Any help please !!

    Didn't anyone try to register services with portal 6.0 ???

  3. Re: Portlet service problem on portal 6.0

    Found it,

    Register the new portlet service with the WP PortletServiceRegistryService resource environment provider in the WebSphere Application Server administration console. For details on how to change configuration properties, see Setting portal configuration properties.
    Create an entry to register the implementation in the JNDI directory. The name for this entry is jndi.service_interface and the value is service_implementation. The fully qualified service interface name can then be used to lookup the service.
    If you provide a service interface for IBM portlets, create an entry to register the implementation for this interface as well. The name for this entry is service_interface and the value is service_implementation. Services that are registered this way are retrieved from the PortletContext interface, not from the JNDI.
    Optional: Provide configuration parameters for the implementation. The name for this entry is service_implementation and the value is the desired parameter value.

+ Reply to Thread