Determine 'portal' or 'myportal' from code? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Determine 'portal' or 'myportal' from code? - Websphere ; Hello, I'm trying to determine the 'portal' or 'myportal' part of a url that I am making manually. Is there a method that I can use? Thank you jim...

  1. Determine 'portal' or 'myportal' from code?

    Hello,

    I'm trying to determine the 'portal' or 'myportal' part of a url that I am making manually. Is there a method that I can use?

    Thank you
    jim

  2. Re: Determine 'portal' or 'myportal' from code?

    Check the userId from request object. If userId exists the url is myportal (authenticated) or else portal. Just I am raising my opinion, i am not sure about your exact requirement.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Bala

  3. Re: Determine 'portal' or 'myportal' from code?

    in jsp you test that with following tags :

    myportal in url
    portal in url

  4. Re: Determine 'portal' or 'myportal' from code?

    Ok, thank you a lot, probably the "ifloggedin" tag is the way to go, but I was hoping that a request.getScheme() kind of method would do it automatically.

    Thanks again.
    jim

+ Reply to Thread