Only bind user login with shortname - Websphere

This is a discussion on Only bind user login with shortname - Websphere ; Hi I have enabled security to use eDirectory as a user registry for WPS6... Now I cannot login with short name like (wpsadmin)to the portal ?all the users login with the full suffix only (e.i. cn=wpsadmin,ou=people,o=abc.com) Except for the binding ...

  1. Only bind user login with shortname

    Hi

    I have enabled security to use eDirectory as a user registry for WPS6...
    Now I cannot login with short name like (wpsadmin)to the portal ?all the users login with the full suffix only (e.i. cn=wpsadmin,ou=people,o=abc.com)
    Except for the binding user it logs in normally...
    Any explanation for this behavior?
    And how to make the other users login normally?

    Thanks in advance?

  2. Re: Only bind user login with shortname

    mmagdy@al-faris.com wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have enabled security to use eDirectory as a user registry for WPS6...
    > Now I cannot login with short name like (wpsadmin)to the portal ?all the users login with the full suffix only (e.i. cn=wpsadmin,ou=people,o=abc.com)
    > Except for the binding user it logs in normally...
    > Any explanation for this behavior?
    > And how to make the other users login normally?
    >
    > Thanks in advance?

    Did you configure security with realms or without? This problem is
    related to the filters specified for the users (and possibly groups)
    that are now recorded in security.xml and wmm.xml. if realms are used
    there are other files to consider too. Check the filters in these files
    and make any necessary changes. Using ldapsearch from the command line
    can help to determine what the filters should be or consult your ldap admin

  3. Re: Only bind user login with shortname

    Thank you for your reply...
    I checked the filter and it seems to be fine...can you be more specific...maybe I've missed something!
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread