changing hostname after installing portal 5.1.0.4 [windows] - Websphere

This is a discussion on changing hostname after installing portal 5.1.0.4 [windows] - Websphere ; Hi All, i have installed WPS 5.1.0.4 on windows - but now i want to change the hostname from cellular1.sky.com to cellular2.sky.com - how can i actually achieve this? * i'm not using http-server. - so what parameters can i ...

  1. changing hostname after installing portal 5.1.0.4 [windows]

    Hi All,

    i have installed WPS 5.1.0.4 on windows - but now i want to change the
    hostname from cellular1.sky.com to cellular2.sky.com -

    how can i actually achieve this?

    * i'm not using http-server. - so what parameters can i pass to
    WPSconfig.bat so that changes that i have done in the
    ....\wpconfig.properties [on the wpshostname field] can be updated?

    regards
    ryzor.

  2. Re: changing hostname after installing portal 5.1.0.4 [windows]

    zestadaryzor@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > i have installed WPS 5.1.0.4 on windows - but now i want to change the
    > hostname from cellular1.sky.com to cellular2.sky.com -
    >
    > how can i actually achieve this?
    >
    > * i'm not using http-server. - so what parameters can i pass to
    > WPSconfig.bat so that changes that i have done in the
    > ...\wpconfig.properties [on the wpshostname field] can be updated?
    >
    > regards
    > ryzor.

    I'm sure it isn't supported, though it can be done. Basically all the
    information stating the hostname is held in various flat configuration
    files, I'm fairly certain there is nothing actually in the portal
    database that needs changing.

    This link shows one way to do it
    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...06_bishop.html
    though it basically just does a lot of grep commands to search for the
    hostname and change it in these files.

    Additionally, I've had some luck running the changehostname script
    shown here
    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork....html#download
    and additionally updating a couple of portal files which slip my mind
    at the moment.

+ Reply to Thread