How to install Websphere Portal 6 as a win32 service - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to install Websphere Portal 6 as a win32 service - Websphere ; During installation of Websphere Portal 6 at a customer's site, I selected to run WP as an application, not as a windows service. The customer now wants to run WP as a service, so the question is: is it possible ...

  1. How to install Websphere Portal 6 as a win32 service

    During installation of Websphere Portal 6 at a customer's site, I selected to run WP as an application, not as a windows service.
    The customer now wants to run WP as a service, so the question is: is it possible to change WP to run as a service instead of as an application, without reinstalling?

    regards,
    Thor Erik Karlsen

  2. Re: How to install Websphere Portal 6 as a win32 service

    There is a command which you can run to maintain WAS services (WP is only another WAS application):

    \bin\WASService.exe

    run it without arguments to get details of the command line arguments.

+ Reply to Thread